• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Thought

Jan 27, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    UMd also supports in state tuition for illegals, homosexual marriage, opposes the death penalty, etc right down the page of the Dem playbook. Why would anyone be surprised?

I'm not... when illegals can have cheaper tuition than out of state citizens, something is horribly broken. It's a natural extension that they'd want to keep the populous unarmed, easier to control that way.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    With all the crime, muggings, robberies and murders they're literally surrounded with in CP you'd think they'd be more pro-defense.

Just call PG Police they'll protect you. Unless they're framing you, beating you or shooting your dogs.

cmulligan80

Feb 5, 2013
    Rockville
    I currently go to school there and wouldn't expect anything less form him. He is probably getting a ton of concerns about the incident that happened a few weeks ago. This is probably why he felt the need to put it out there.
    Although I don't agree with him I do think there are bigger issues surrounding the campus itself. I cannot go a week without receiving a notice about an incident that happened on or around campus. I would say address what happening in your house, that's where his focus should be.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Like said before, I highly doubt Loh read the bill nor has looked at any opposing facts. MOM tells him they are "common sense gun laws" and this fool endorses it. When I get the call for donations from my alma mater, I'll be telling them I need the money for the firearm registration fee your president is endorsing.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Because he's an expert on guns and gun violence, right? Who cares what some random schmuck thinks?

rstickle

Jul 12, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    Looks like I'm going to save some money next year now that it appears I don't have to make a contribution to the Alumni association. Sort of sorry I already mailed one out this year.

tsphillips

Mar 4, 2012
    Finksburg
    From the Baltimore Sun,

Police said Green was suffering from an unspecified mental illness, which Loh referred to in his column. The proposed legislation would limit the availability of guns to those suffering from serious mental health issues that may cause them to be a threat.

If the Maryland legislature lacks the ability to define mental illness, how exactly can they craft meaningful legislation? Where are the mental health professionals in this discussion?

Tom

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I go there too. The past couple weeks we have probably gotten an alert of a shooting in the immediate area of campus twice per week.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    At the end of the Balto Town Hall meeting, I spoke with a very nice person who sits on one of the local MD community college boards. That person told me that MoM was strong-arming public colleges for support and threatened to withhold funds.

Unethical? Yes. Awesome political move? Brilliant.

I don't like it, but you have to play hardball in politics.

toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    Good news is my kids will not be able to get in there because it will be full of illegal immigrants because they get in state tuition now. Good school but in a terrible location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom