• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    can some one tell me why should you be granted your ccw permit you have to then ask for your free hql and wait another 30 days as per msp hql dept. it would seem to me that their would be a box to check when filling the app. out if you want/ need the free hql check this box. I would think this would be further back log for the msp

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Maryland's answer to any questions regarding why the infringements of freedom:

catfu.jpg

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    can some one tell me why should you be granted your ccw permit you have to then ask for your free hql and wait another 30 days as per msp hql dept. it would seem to me that their would be a box to check when filling the app. out if you want/ need the free hql check this box. I would think this would be further back log for the msp

Maybe because nobody has brought the idea to the MSP to have this included? This is a great idea and one I will be forwarding to the MSP Licensing division.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    In Maryland it is all about CONTROL. They want to control every step of the process and they want to control everyone that way they can make people jump through hoops and/or pull the rug out from under any time they want.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    A direct response from the head of Licensing:

In reference to your question of an HQL being submitted with a handgun permit application. They can not be submitted together since there is no physical application for an HQL. A citizen needs to log on to https://emdsp.mdsp.org/egov/Login.aspx to create an account and submit for the issuance of an HQL. If a person has an active MD Carry permit, they are eligible to register for a "Permit Exempt" HQL. There is no fee or fingerprinting required, and they are usually issued within a week. A person can't qualify for a "permit exempt" HQL until the handgun permit has been issued. We advise citizens not to apply for both at the same time due to the fact there is a 30 day mandate for an HQL (they have to be approved or disapproved within 30 days). If you have any other question regarding this, please let me know.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    A direct response from the head of Licensing:

In reference to your question of an HQL being submitted with a handgun permit application. They can not be submitted together since there is no physical application for an HQL. A citizen needs to log on to https://emdsp.mdsp.org/egov/Login.aspx to create an account and submit for the issuance of an HQL. If a person has an active MD Carry permit, they are eligible to register for a "Permit Exempt" HQL. There is no fee or fingerprinting required, and they are usually issued within a week. A person can't qualify for a "permit exempt" HQL until the handgun permit has been issued. We advise citizens not to apply for both at the same time due to the fact there is a 30 day mandate for an HQL (they have to be approved or disapproved within 30 days). If you have any other question regarding this, please let me know.
    SO IF IM TO UNDERSTAND THIS CORRECTLY LOG ON CREATE THE ACCOUNT WHICH THEY DID NOT TELL ME WHEN I CALLED MSP HEAD QTR.HQL DEPT. BUT WAIT FOR YOUR PERMIT SO THAT THEIRS A PAPER TRAIL BEFORE REQUESTING THE HQL {FOR IT TO BE FREE} THIS MAKES SENCE PLUS ONE WEEK IS BETTER THEN THE 30 DAYS THANK YOU SIR

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom