• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    ASE Certified Mechanic needed for independent shop in Pasadena. Hours are 8:30 to 5 pm.
    Must have own tools. (in the owner's own words: "More than a fishing tackle box of tools")
    Call Bob at 410-255-0101

Note: I am posting this for my mechanic who has a three bay shop in Pasadena. He needs another tech. The guy he needs to replace just went out on his own.
    Bob said the start time would be 8:00 or 8:30 but he is always there by 7 and I'm sure he would have a greater appreciation for someone that could get there earlier (just an assumption).
    I have no idea if this is hourly or flat rate.
    For more information, call Bob.

Last edited:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    It does seem to be a challenge to find good techs these days. We've been looking as well, and I think they've interviewed upwards of a dozen people in the last month. Hired 1 that lasted 4 weeks and then another that lasted one week... :crazy:

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    It does seem to be a challenge to find good techs these days. We've been looking as well, and I think they've interviewed upwards of a dozen people in the last month. Hired 1 that lasted 4 weeks and then another that lasted one week... :crazy:

Why do you think finding good techs has become such a challenge? I know of multiple places looking.

I don't get it. A good tech can make a great living and doesn't really ever have to worry about being out of a job.

Are today's youth afraid of getting a little grease on their i-phone?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Why do you think finding good techs has become such a challenge? I know of multiple places looking.

I don't get it. A good tech can make a great living and doesn't really ever have to worry about being out of a job.

Who knows. I think today's youth are generally pretty dumb. There are few "grease monkey" jobs anymore. You have to have a good head on your shoulders and a solid work ethic. I feel like a lot of solid candidates for this field are currently feeling pressured to attend uber expensive colleges so they can break into the corporate world like everyone else...

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

Because the kids have been shamed into believing if you don't go to college you have failed at life and will never make a good living. They are all busy getting 30-100k in college debt before they even start working.

What's worst then the schools pushing this agenda is their parents have also bought into this garbage.

Let us make everyone a a debt slave to .Gov before they can legally drink a beer. .Gov will own the next 10 years of their life and that's IF they even get a decent job in the field of study.

Have fun telling your high school "guidance counselor" that you aren't applying for colleges and wont be taking the SAT because you have a career field lined up and neither will help you. I did that 13 years ago and even then they were trying to shame you into believing you've set yourself up to fail.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Every trade work is the same I'd guess.

I worked in a regular job/machine shop years ago, one guy rolled his toolbox in Monday morning at 7am and was rolling it back out before lunch. In the 4 years I worked there more people got hired/fired/quit there than I graduated high school with. LOL

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I'm bumping this again. Bob is in need of a mechanic once again.
    He has a three bay shop and only one guy now.
    Bob moved since I originally posted this. The address is 4415 Mountain Rd. just east of (the end of) Route 100 in Pasadena. Phone number is the same.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    This needs another bump.
    Bob is still looking for someone. At this point he is willing to hire someone just for oil changes and tires.
    See post #1 for info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom