• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I have a foreclosure that needs plumbing work. Lots of copper was stolen from the basement while it was vacant. The house was also winterized so everything will need to be pressure-tested.

Any suggestions or plumbers here?

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    I'm surprised this thread hasn't evolved into how to DIY and copper vs. cpvc and how to transition...ect... lol

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I had someone lined up but after three weeks of not showing up, I'm assuming he doesn't want to do the job.

I did get another quote from someone out of Waldorf but their price was over double what I was expecting. When he didn't take out a tape measure to measure anything at all, I assumed it was going to be a high price. I assumed correctly. This also tells me that the material is the cheap part of this job (which I already knew).

Plumbers are hard to find. I used T F Nelson in Mechanicsville (I'm in Calvert). 301 274 3175, Barbara should answer.

Thanks, I've found that to be the case. A lot of plumbers seem to only want to do minor jobs. A couple of them weren't even interested in doing it at all. One plumber told me, "It would be way too expensive if I do it, I only do copper." He then told me to call someone who installs CPVC and when I called him back to get a price anyway, he spent 10 minutes telling me how much CPVC sucks and that it won't last.

I will check out TF Nelson, thanks.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't evolved into how to DIY and copper vs. cpvc and how to transition...ect... lol

I've been kicking that around too. I could probably do the majority of it myself with pex but I really would like to put the copper back. Also I don't really have the time to do it, on top of it taking me 3-5 times longer to do what a plumber could do.

CSA Plumbing

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I called them and they referred me to someone else.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    Plumbers are hard to find. I used T F Nelson in Mechanicsville (I'm in Calvert). 301 274 3175, Barbara should answer.

Good call on TF Nelson. Tom is a really nice guy and pulled up in a very similar truck to mine (bonus points). He also measured at least three times and took a lot of time to figure things out. I'm waiting on a price back from him.

Where in Calvert is the house located? I ask because my son my be interested in doing it on the side if your interested.

The house is in Prince Frederick. I think I have two good plumbers now (maybe three), just waiting on final numbers and timing. The lost three weeks on the other guy really sucks. I wanted to be moved in by now.

I have three people now who told me they can do this in one day, so that first guy with his $6200 quote is just delusional (or he really didn't want to do it...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom