• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    No HQL required for any lower. Only AR15 lowers require the 77r. Other caliber specific lowers such as 9mm , 308, etc don't require the 77r just 4473.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Did I fall into the stupid hole? I thought we all agreed on that unless I misunderstood.

That’s the OP responding to an industry partner FFL who gave a definitive answer to their question. An FFL who deals with the 77r on a regular basis and knows 100% (as best as possible with Maryland) what the form requires. While we may come to an agreement as users on a collective answer, having someone who actually deals with the forms for business confirm it is nice and thanking them for the response is also nice.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    That’s the OP responding to an industry partner FFL who gave a definitive answer to their question. An FFL who deals with the 77r on a regular basis and knows 100% (as best as possible with Maryland) what the form requires. While we may come to an agreement as users on a collective answer, having someone who actually deals with the forms for business confirm it is nice and thanking them for the response is also nice.

Hmmm.

eurocarnut

Jul 28, 2010

Exactly. Not to mention other people have commented in this thread saying you have to fill out a 77r and wait 7 days.

It shouldn't be controversial to thank a subject matter expert for chiming in.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    He just got back to me, he said he thinks it was in the HQL exemption he had to accept

No HQL required for any lower. Only AR15 lowers require the 77r. Other caliber specific lowers such as 9mm , 308, etc don't require the 77r just 4473.

Bingo! Only caveat is it must not simply have the adapter block converting it....it must be completely dedicated to a caliber other than 5.56.or 223

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    Obviously no one would build an ar10 pistol. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I pinned&welded a surefire brake on my 14.5" barrel so it's technically a carbine...

What barrel do you have on yours? How offensive is it to shoot?

I almost took mine to Freestate or NRA Fairfax tonight but I didn't want to subject the other shooters to it. It makes my 20" Vepr 54r w/ an AK74-style brake sound tame and inoffensive by comparison.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And possessing a lower can be used for the training exemption for the HQL, as it is considered a regulated firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom