• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    Anyone know of a place that would sandblast a build of mine? I built an AK years ago and just left the receiver bare. So the barrel and receiver are in “in the white”. I recently pulled it out of my safe and decided to give it a rattle can paint job with some Epoxy Paint.

I was hoping to get it sandblasted to make the paint job a little easier but i don’t know of any place that would do it. I know of some spots that do great Cerakote work but I’d like to try and pull this off on the cheap.

Any recommendations for a good spot or even some alternatives?

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    Second on the harbor freight route. I bought this on impulse for $13 on sale. Had to modify mine a little inside to get it to feed smoothly but overall worth every cent. Harbor freight also sells media at a decent price. I am using it with a 20 gal air compressor for small car parts, but you could probably get by with something even smaller if you only blast for a few seconds at a time.

https://www.harborfreight.com/21-oz-hopper-gravity-feed-spot-blaster-gun-95793.html

Jan 9, 2012
    Hoco
    Might know a place in parkville that could do it for you if you don't go the diy route. Let me know if you're interested and I can ask them about it tomorrow when I see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom