• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Lol no. Their “wins” just embolden them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While our wins just get us "big whoop, it's not enough and doesn't mean anything".

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    But I thought they were going to regain their sanity after Biden was elected. So much for a return to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That would imply they had some to begin with....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    None of us who were in the committee room for that will ever forget it. The best part was watching Sen. Smith's body language as everyone realized what was happening. You could almost hear his thoughts go from "I can't allow this" to "Screw it, this might actually be entertaining" as he motioned to the Capitol Police bouncers to not intervene. That said quite a bit about what he thinks about the sanctimonious Red Shirts. Just because he agrees with them doesn't mean he likes them.
    We really need to get all of our wives to join moms demand action. Then they could imitate squaregrouper and fight for the 2A instead of reading a script off a piece of paper like a mindless drone.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    We really need to get all of our wives to join moms demand action. Then they could imitate squaregrouper and fight for the 2A instead of reading a script off a piece of paper like a mindless drone.

I can't see my wife doing so, even with the best of intentions. Not everyone can be a squaregrouper.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Starting around the 51m mark -
    "Freedom of speech is threatened by extremists who want to muzzle us. They demand the right to carry guns without permits, without training, without background checks ... because they say they want to protect me. When I turn down their vigilante-ism, they get pretty upset, and seem ready to murder me too. They gather on social media and talk about how they'll get me to to be quiet. Well, I'm here to say I won't be silent. With my voice, I will speak for John, I will speak for the families who aren't here because they can't talk about this without choking on their own words. Their freedom of speech has been taken away from them. We are here to speak for them. We are here to mourn and to remember; to honor the lives of those have been cruelly taken away from us. We are dedicated to preventing this from *never* [sic] happening again - to any newspaper, to any family, to anyone. I've spent the last three years fighting for change, urging legislators to pass a bill that requires background checks for all firearms in Maryland. A bill that was vetoed. I still have hope that our leaders, including our Governor, will use the powers we give them to make changes to prevent the impact of this violence. He's had three years to ask us how we are doing ... I don't see him here today.

"They call it senseless. They call it accidental. But it makes perfect sense ... because the gun is right there like Sir Edmund Hillary said about Mt. Everest - 'because it's there.' And there's nothing accidental about these forseeable, preventable acts of violence. We demand our leaders use their positions to make real, meaningful change that will save lives.

"The freedom of the press isn't just a responsibility of government, it's a responsibility of all of our institutions, our industries, our investors, and individuals. In addition to the First Amendment, and this particularly in addition to the Second Amendment, we are here because the Constitution commands us to do everything we can, as we the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure our domestic tranquility, provide for *our* common defense, promote *our* general welfare, and to secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and for our posterity ... thank you for coming."

Oddly, she fails to mention anything about "justice" with respect to Jarrod Ramos.

Seems they forgot to put the word "Gazette" on the bronze plaque ... twice.

Attachments

• gazette_memorial_01.jpg
      gazette_memorial_01.jpg
      115.1 KB · Views: 206
    • gazette_memorial_2.jpg
      gazette_memorial_2.jpg
      103.9 KB · Views: 204

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Should read about the company's failure to protect its employees from a known problem , they ignored this guy all the while they could have provided armed security in their building and pass code doors .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom