• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I have one with a sightless heavy barrel, wood stock, and whatever cheap scope came on it from Dicks...before they owned their name :rolleye12 I agree with the previous statements that it is super accurate, with some ammo, but not very reliable when it comes to functioning:sad20:

If it was something I had to absolutely depend on to go bang for defense or to put food on the table, I'd find something else :o As a budget target rifle, its accuracy makes up for its...obstinance. ;)

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Typical Aguila 5 shot 50 yard groups with my 10/22. Grid on top 3 photos is 1/4 inch.

Bottom photo grid is 1/8 inch. Note that Remington 10 shot 50 yard group spans 3-1/2 inches.

Same 10/22 rifle. Same day. Same nut behind the butt. 5 other brands fell between these 2 extremes. All fired not too many minutes apart.

Definitely one of the wider rimfire ammo variations I've noted. But yeah, you're right. Slugs can be and typically are every bit as contrary. .223 can be as well. I think they all conspire to drive us nuts at times.

Just goes to show,you can't typically just buy a box of whatever, and expect the best results. That would be entirely too easy I suppose.

Nice targets! Yeah, you are correct, finding the right load, can sometimes be a chore. I take my centerfire cartridges even farther. Once I find my best “over the counter ammo”, I get out the chronograph, and then try to copy that load, with my handloads. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. Lol.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I got a pre-accutrigger MKII LV heavy barrel. It has a Rifle Basix trigger and it’s good for head shots on squirrels with Mini Mags or Velocitors. It’s a very accurate rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I picked up my first Savage, a B22 FV-SR, last week and I am impressed with everything about the rifle except thertotary magazine. Very accurate and works great with the Element II suppressor. Today I was looking at the Mark II FV-SR. What do you guys think of the magazines on the Mark II's?

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I picked up my first Savage, a B22 FV-SR, last week and I am impressed with everything about the rifle except thertotary magazine. Very accurate and works great with the Element II suppressor. Today I was looking at the Mark II FV-SR. What do you guys think of the magazines on the Mark II's?

I love mine but the mag won't feed CCI Suppressor ammo. If you put more than two rounds in, the lower round sticks. The rounds are too long for the mag. :mad54:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yep. I need to get a new stock for mine. I have a Boyd’s Tactical on it, and it’s a bit heavy.

The factory stocks suck and cheekweld add ons are too big. I'm ready to go closed cell foam and gorilla tape.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Yep. I need to get a new stock for mine. I have a Boyd’s Tactical on it, and it’s a bit heavy.

I agree. I bedded mine and resin poured to build up by the bottom metal, so I’m torn. I guess the lamination process adds a good bit of weight, dunno. Love the little rifle though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom