MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    That look similar in shape to the AT 22 by feather industries. Never saw one of those before.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Cool thanks.. You'd think I'd know this by now, but I always have a case of BGOS right before buying..

I like the TNW because it's offered in 357Sig. I have a custom Ron Williams DI 357sig carbine on a Glock-mag lower, but the TNW looks like a lot of fun.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    It's a rifle. There is no list for those. Just the features test. Only handguns on on the roster. You are GTG

This is correct but I would like to mention there the police do have some sort of list where they confirm and deny (what a great power to have :/) the legality of some rifles they are questioned on if you ever have confusion about ordering something online or elsewhere and want to double check. I do not suggest you keep questioning them but it is there.
    But this is unlike the handgun roster it does not mean anything if a rifle is not listed. Just the feature test or being banned by name matters. IANAL.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This is correct but I would like to mention there the police do have some sort of list where they confirm and deny (what a great power to have :/) the legality of some rifles they are questioned on if you ever have confusion about ordering something online or elsewhere and want to double check.
    But this is unlike the handgun roster it does not mean anything if a rifle is not listed. Just the feature test or being banned by name matters. IANAL.

"The List"

https://tacticalgear.com/maryland-assault-weapons-ban

They have not added anything to the list. It stems back to the federal AWB. Anything relatively new is not on it.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I have one in 9mm. Like that it takes the Glock funsticks.

I havent had much success in having it run consistently though.

Fair amount of FTF, and FTE. Different ammo, and mags.
    Is a blast to shoot. Just not reliable (for me).

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    What did they add in 2019 that wasn't a "copycat"? I'm not being contrary, just curious. I don't want to read through that entire list of BS.

The "Reviewed Firearms List" that MSP maintains supposedly lists Copycat Weapons (guns that fail the feature-based tests) in addition to Copies of enumerated guns they are asked to review.

Take the MR-556, as an example. MSP initially determined that the MR-556 was a Copy of the AR-15, and was therefore banned. This was not based on the (Copycat) feature tests. So, MSP does use the list to indicate some guns are "illegal" that do not fail any of the feature-based tests. (The MR-556 decision was ultimately changed, but I don't tend to keep up with the list now that I moved out of MD.) It's not MSP adding to the list really, just their interpretation of what guns fail the feature tests or are copies of enumerated guns.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    The "Reviewed Firearms List" that MSP maintains supposedly lists Copycat Weapons (guns that fail the feature-based tests) in addition to Copies of enumerated guns they are asked to review.

Take the MR-556, as an example. MSP initially determined that the MR-556 was a Copy of the AR-15, and was therefore banned. This was not based on the (Copycat) feature tests. So, MSP does use the list to indicate some guns are "illegal" that do not fail any of the feature-based tests. (The MR-556 decision was ultimately changed, but I don't tend to keep up with the list now that I moved out of MD.) It's not MSP adding to the list really, just their interpretation of what guns fail the feature tests or are copies of enumerated guns.

Yeah that sorry for not being clear. This is what I meant thanks.

I don't mean that they keep adding things to the text of the bill, but that the police get to decide whether or not certain things pass or fail the which I find ridiculous. But their list can be useful if you are new to gun ownership and not sure about a specific rifle or if you are looking at something online or out of state and want a quick reference. Maybe you want to "prove" to a dealer that a specific model is actually OK.

I am not a lawyer but I never read anywhere in any bill that the state police get to decide what is and is not legal. It is either banned by law or not. But the police are the ones we have to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom