• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Can anybody tell me about them? I have the info from Wikipedia's site, but I'm curious if anybody had more info on them. Also is there any way I can date one from the serial number or any other way? Would Winchester have a manual they could send me or would be accessible online?

KyleRogue

Nov 19, 2017
    Westminster
    Try this site for dates https://winchestercollector.org/dates/

According to the Winchester handbook, it uses a blowback inertial system that requires the Winchester automatic cartridge made specifically for this rifle. A check on ammoseek shows some available for about 30 cents a round, assuming this is the same thing.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Try this site for dates https://winchestercollector.org/dates/

According to the Winchester handbook, it uses a blowback inertial system that requires the Winchester automatic cartridge made specifically for this rifle. A check on ammoseek shows some available for about 30 cents a round, assuming this is the same thing.
    I was wrong. It isn't 22LR, it is 22 Winchester. Would you know of anywhere I could find the owner's manual?

Edit: Holy crap, mine was supposedly made before 1910.

Superreverb

Aug 29, 2009
    Western HoCo
    22 WRF is a cool cartridge. I have a nice Remington Model 12 in that caliber. Fun to shoot. Fortunately, my Old Man bought about 1K rounds when Winchester reissued the ammo. Also have some old vintage stuff he stockpiled.

_MG_0263%20copy.jpg

I see it for sale from time to time on the web.

KyleRogue

Nov 19, 2017
    Westminster
    Unfortunately, 22WRF do not work in a Winchester 1903. It needs Winchester 22 Auto to have enough gas to cycle the action consistently. Eventually, Winchester came out with the Model 63 that could take 22LR.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    If all you want is a shooter consider not only the Model 63 but the clones of it made by Tarus and Miroku. Steer clear of the SS version from Tarus, too many reported problems. Blued version fairs much better.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Aguila still makes 22 Winchester Automatic.
    Lucky Gunner, Ammunition To Go, and Bud's Gunshop have it in stock for $16.95 a box of 50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom