Reading my e-mail just cost me 600 bucks...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    NICE!!!!!!:thumbsup:

I've been eyeing up the IMI too and saw that the Golani Galil clone is just as sweet!! I was hoping it would be affordable and this is probably as close as I'll get. Please send pix when you get it.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Will do! Just too bad I have to get it shipped without the mag, but you can't have everything I guess. I'm sure CFS won't give me any money off for that either.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Not bad looking. I've always loved the Galil, it's a nice improved version of the AK. Just wish I could get one chambered in 5.45 or even 7.62X39. Either way it'd be a lot cheaper than .223, especially the 5.45. Oh well, the Galil is still on my rapidly shortening listing of guns I would like to own one day.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    I've been eyeing these but I've heard lots of bad feedback re quality. will be very keenly interested to learn what you find!

I have an IMI galil in .308 that I hope to bring to the fall shoot which I'll be more than happy to share. My (wimpy) brother thinks it makes too much flashbang but I love it. Sucker is accurate and you can really reach out and touch somebody with it. It would be nice to have one in the smaller caliber though...

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    They have good deals but their policy is my deal breaker. I understand the Mag issue, but no handguns??? "No Handguns. No Hi-Cap Mags over 20rds"

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    They have good deals but their policy is my deal breaker. I understand the Mag issue, but no handguns??? "No Handguns. No Hi-Cap Mags over 20rds"

Most web stores are like that (AIM, etc). MD has crazy rules and they take the easiest path: just say no. It's disappointing, but considering they could lose their FFL for breaking any law even ones they don't know about I can kind of understand where they are coming from. What they all need is a little education from the informed public, but even enthusiasts like ourselves can get confused over MD's laws.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Not bad looking. I've always loved the Galil, it's a nice improved version of the AK. Just wish I could get one chambered in 5.45 or even 7.62X39. Either way it'd be a lot cheaper than .223, especially the 5.45. Oh well, the Galil is still on my rapidly shortening listing of guns I would like to own one day.

I thought about that too but just as a pointer remember that the 5.45 surplus is going to run out eventually, then it's going to get a bit more expensive as the cheapest stuff out there will probably be the 25 round boxes from Wolf. As it is I shoot almost all Wolf ammo in my .223 rifles, including my AR's. Have never had a bit of problem and in fact the Wolf .223 doesn't seem to have have the chambering issues that surplus 5.56 has. The 55gr Wolf is now what my AR's and Mini-14's are sighted in for. It is a little bit more expensive than 7.62x39, I pay $5 a box at Wideners which isn't too bad, about a dollar more than the 7.62.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom