• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nebula8080

Dec 30, 2007
    Just testing the waters here...we'd need admin approval first, etc.

How many people would be interested in a PTR 91F (18 inch) group buy? I need 12 lucky volunteers. I am still checking into the exact discount, but all initial discussions point to under $1000 (+ MD Tax/App Fee).

Model deviations are not available...it would have to be the 91F ('cause that's the one I want!) :D

Please no PM's...all info/questions post here in the thread. Thanks!!

:gun1:

mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    You .....can't you see the economy is taking a giant dump, and my work has slowed, and I'm not getting my 20+ hours of O/T every 2 weeks!

Otherwise, I'd be all over this in a heartbeat. Ever since I shot Jeepdriver's 2 group shoots ago..I can't get it out of my mind

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Is this going through a particular FFL or are you talking to a distributor/factory? IF a FFL, where are they? What do they charge for transfer fee?

What is the time frame?

Don't put me down yet, let me think...

Is this limited to 12 or is 12 the minimum to get a price break?

nebula8080

Dec 30, 2007
    This would be going through a FFL buying direct from the factory. FFL is located a bit north of Baltimore. Fee is TBD, but from all my past dealings..it would be VERY reasonable. I'll check and see if I can get some more clarification on this fee.

Time frame would be as soon as eleven (me + 1) say "I'm in" and I can work out the final pricing. I'd like to get an idea of the interest level though by next monday if possible.

12 was the minimum to get the price break.

nebula8080

Dec 30, 2007
    You .....can't you see the economy is taking a giant dump, and my work has slowed, and I'm not getting my 20+ hours of O/T every 2 weeks!

Otherwise, I'd be all over this in a heartbeat. Ever since I shot Jeepdriver's 2 group shoots ago..I can't get it out of my mind

:D I do what I can! Its a beautiful rifle... Also the price of accessories (Genuine G3 mags, etc) have come way down in price. I'm tired of drooling over them...

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    BUMP FOR A GREAT PRODUCT!

Anyone questioning PTR's quality, DON'T
    Anyone questioning PTR's Customer service DON'T

They are top notch!

I've had mine since 2005, it eats anything that you'll feed it. Mags are cheap and reliablity can't be questioned!

Mine is a 16" with a wide forearm & OD Green Drua Coat on the furniture

standard.jpg

Ever since I shot Jeepdriver's 2 group shoots ago..I can't get it out of my mind

So I should bring it to the shoot in October? :party29:

Bring the ammo and I'll have the guns!

I'm in a 308 mood, I'm heading to Elk Neck Friday with the M1A for some trigger time! I need some recoil !

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Don't forget it also has the second best ejection of a shell (distance).....:innocent0;)

BUMP FOR A GREAT PRODUCT!

Anyone questioning PTR's quality, DON'T
    Anyone questioning PTR's Customer service DON'T

They are top notch!

I've had mine since 2005, it eats anything that you'll feed it. Mags are cheap and reliablity can't be questioned!

Mine is a 16" with a wide forearm & OD Green Drua Coat on the furniture

standard.jpg

So I should bring it to the shoot in October? :party29:

Bring the ammo and I'll have the guns!

I'm in a 308 mood, I'm heading to Elk Neck Friday with the M1A for some trigger time! I need some recoil !

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Don't forget it also has the second best ejection of a shell (distance).....:innocent0;)

I'll kick your's and Norton's asses! OH wait, Norton can't preform, that's been proven, you want to come out and play little man ? ? ? ? ? :D:D:D

BTW: When was the last time you shot a centerfire rifle ? ? ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I don't think it needs regulated firearm paperwork either. It doesn't have a collapsible stock so it's not a HK-91 A3 copy. Just my opinion.

Direct from the list. These are the only HK's (and their copies) specified as regulated firearms. Very specific about which HK's are regulated:

(xxv) Heckler and Koch HK-91 A3, HK-93 A2, HK-94 A2 and A3;

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    It's a direct copy of the HK91, it used (and the PTR's come with) HK Stamped Bolt carriers.

They are regulated.

With all due respect Jeep I beg to differ. The law specifies the HK91 A3 as a regulated firearm. Not all HK91's. If the intent was to regulate all HK91's then they could have written the law that way. I realize most dealers will want to do regulated paperwork on it as a CYA, but it's really not regulated, IMHO.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    With all due respect Jeep I beg to differ. The law specifies the HK91 A3 as a regulated firearm. Not all HK91's. If the intent was to regulate all HK91's then they could have written the law that way. I realize most dealers will want to do regulated paperwork on it as a CYA, but it's really not regulated, IMHO.

I agree. Selling a non-collapsible stock HK-91 (or clone) as regulated would be the same as selling a non-folding stock Mini-14 as regulated. It is the exact same situation, and clearly specified in MD code.

...IMHO. ;)

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Oh, and as I mentioned in another thread, I know of at least one FFL in MD that sells non-collapsible stock PTR-91s (and clones) as unregulated. As he pointed out to me a while back, no collapsible stock = no 77R.

Last edited:

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I just got one...It's waiting for me to pick up - hopefully one day this week or definately Saturday.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I was thinking about the regulated HK-91 issue a while back, and I found it ironic that many dealers would sell an HK-91 A2 as regulated even though it is not on the list, but would sell a Bushmaster HBAR AR as non-regulated even though the list of regulated weapons clearly states: "(xi) Bushmaster semi-auto rifle;". Go figure. :shrug:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I would want to know a firm price and what FFL this is going through before I could commit to getting one. The price you mention would be an excellent price for this rifle and I could use one in my safe.:D I am going to be very cautious in giving you any commitment not knowing who I would be dealing with though.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I'll kick your's and Norton's asses! OH wait, Norton can't preform, that's been proven, you want to come out and play little man ? ? ? ? ? :D:D:D

Ouch. I resemble that!!... Hurt my little feelings and all :D

BTW: When was the last time you shot a centerfire rifle ? ? ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boy Scouts - maybe????
    Enough of these truths - don't you have some SOT paperwork to take care of????? :innocent0

;)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    direct copy of the HK91 yes. Direct copy of the HK91 A3 that is what MD specifically regulates, not at all.

The list is very specific regarding the HK versions that are regulated.

Heckler and KOCH HK-91 A3, HK-93 A2, HK-94 A2 and A3

(Okay, beating a dead horse I know, I'm done............)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom