• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I recently got an E-mail from Steyr concerning the AUG A3 model. Most likely is going to be released for civilian sales sometime in Mid- November 2008.

Time to work some overtime and save some funds for this purchase. MSRP is still undetermined at this point. Should be up to par with other bullpup rifles in the market. Finally, the wait will be over soon.:D

Attachments

• 7a6de78991.gif
      7a6de78991.gif
      40.9 KB · Views: 331

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    OH so tempting!

I've been fondeling the MASR STG556's at work, If only I were rich!

It's just such a classic gun ! And it's the length of my 11.5" SBR's with out the tax stamp!

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    I spoke with a dealer about AUG's earlier this year and he said the new version coming out would use the new 6.8 rounds, not the 5.56. That would make it more desirable IMO but, ya, the cost is too much for the AUGs.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    I spoke with a dealer about AUG's earlier this year and he said the new version coming out would use the new 6.8 rounds, not the 5.56. That would make it more desirable IMO but, ya, the cost is too much for the AUGs.

What dealer? Sounds like more "insider" ********.

I could believe that they might offer them ALSO chambered in 6.8, but not exclusively. Not offering them in a standard NATO or Commie cartridge would be an absolute disaster for sales.

(not meant as an attack at you LowRecoil, but rather at those dealers and gun show morons who constantly have to share their completely incorrect information with the general public.)

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    It was a dealer at the Timonium gun show in the spring who had one in 223 available for sale. I told him I wished they had made them in 308 which is when he told me about the 6.8 coming out.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    It was a dealer at the Timonium gun show in the spring who had one in 223 available for sale. I told him I wished they had made them in 308 which is when he told me about the 6.8 coming out.

Oh ok, sounds like he meant that they might be offering it in 6.8 as well. I got the impression you were saying they were only offering it in 6.8.

The 6.8 seems like a nice cartridge, but the ammo is far too expensive and hard to find. The FN PS90 is suffering from the same dilemma; great design chambered for an odd cartridge.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    The Aug's were also avaliable in 9mm.

Not to many of them out there, but they are avaliable. I've seen a few transferable FA nersions, never any SA versions though.

At shot one of the comapnys making the clones had a 9mm version on display. It was supposed to be released some time this year.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    The Aug's were also avaliable in 9mm.

Not to many of them out there, but they are avaliable. I've seen a few transferable FA nersions, never any SA versions though.

At shot one of the comapnys making the clones had a 9mm version on display. It was supposed to be released some time this year.

I was just thinking, get me the 9mm Paratrooper model please!!!

But really, I'd love an AUG. Or TMP/SPP. I have a Steyr M40-A1 and I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom