• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Where can I get the two pins to assemble to gun? Is that the only thing needed to make a complete?

I believe the lower is complete and already comes with front and rear pivot pins. I would give them a call just to make sure though. The way I read their ad, everything is complete, and you only have to snap the upper on the lower and go shooting! :) You are just saving money because the upper and lower weren't assembled at the factory, so you can avoid the excise tax on a complete firearm.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I believe the lower is complete and already comes with front and rear pivot pins. I would give them a call just to make sure though. The way I read their ad, everything is complete, and you only have to snap the upper on the lower and go shooting! :) You are just saving money because the upper and lower weren't assembled at the factory, so you can avoid the excise tax on a complete firearm.

Just called. They come with pins, but no mags.

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    Anyone shot the Fulton Titan (rifle not carbine)? What's been your impressions if you have.

I've read the Guns/Weapons review..and talked to clint/walt. Would like to get outside opinions as well.

Thanks in advance.

Well this thread got spun off.... :o) I was asking about the rifle not carbine. The titan RIFLE is a competitor to:

1.) KAC SASS (SR-25) 4K-8K if you can even get one. 3 year wait.
    2.) Armalite SuperSASS. 3K
    3.) Panther SASS. Starts @ $2100
    4.) DSA SA58 SASS. $5K Year wait.

That being said, I can get a Titan w/ all the options (PRS, rails, JP brake, etc) + cleaning items + extra mags + ammo for about $2700. That's hard to beat (in fact I havent found a better deal) for a SASS type rifle.

For Carbine's I agree w/ peoples comments...other options exist.

I've got the same question as the original poster, but it seems like there wasn't much direct input on the first go around. Anyone have any experience or comments on the .308 Titan Rifle? Especially when compared to the Panther LRT-SASS.

Thanks. :)

nebula8080

Dec 30, 2007
    As an update I did end up purchasing the Titan (21 inch barrel) and couldnt be happier. I've got it setup with a nightforce scope and its a dead ringer. Sure you could spend more on a Noveske or KAC, but you'd be hitting the point of diminishing returns quickly (IMO). For the cost of the Noveske/KAC just get a bolt gun.

My only complaint is the cost of match grade .308 ammo!

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    Thanks for the update, and glad to hear you are enjoying it!

I agree on cost of match grade ammo. Do you ever run bulk, non-match grade, ammo through it? If so, how was does it shoot.

Also agree on the diminishing returns with the other ones you mentioned.

Out of curiosity, to what distance do you normally shoot?

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    r308m08.gif

Looks like Rock River thinks FAL mags in an AR-10 are a good thing also....

And CMMG has decided to make an AR-10 lower that accepts G3 mags...
    1306-542.jpg

nebula8080

Dec 30, 2007
    Thanks for the update, and glad to hear you are enjoying it!

I agree on cost of match grade ammo. Do you ever run bulk, non-match grade, ammo through it? If so, how was does it shoot.

Also agree on the diminishing returns with the other ones you mentioned.

Out of curiosity, to what distance do you normally shoot?

I only run match ammo through this rifle and keep records of how many rounds have gone down the pipe. I've tried most of the commercial match ammo on the market and for me and this rifle, Federal GMM has performed the best. I would imagine handloads would be even better (and cheaper).

I shoot at normally 200 yards which this rifle laughs at...I wish I had more distance available, but I dont. :envy: I really am going to try to make it to the fall shoot as that range is 300 yards...its just a really long haul from Fredrick.

Good luck with your research!

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    I only run match ammo through this rifle and keep records of how many rounds have gone down the pipe. I've tried most of the commercial match ammo on the market and for me and this rifle, Federal GMM has performed the best. I would imagine handloads would be even better (and cheaper).

I shoot at normally 200 yards which this rifle laughs at...I wish I had more distance available, but I dont. :envy: I really am going to try to make it to the fall shoot as that range is 300 yards...its just a really long haul from Fredrick.

Good luck with your research!

That's good info to know. I've been wanting to get a nice tack driver, however I'm also from the Frederick area (Thurmont) and currently go to Cresap, which is only a 100 yds. That's not even letting a gun like that get out and stretch it's legs. :sad20:

What range around here has 200? I'm guessing it's a private club.

I agree, the fall shoot is a long haul from Frederick. Unfortunately I already have another trip planned that weekend, so that made the decision easier :)

take care

nebula8080

Dec 30, 2007
    hey nebula how much do you have wrapped up in your titan?

I try not to think about it! When you add up the accessories, rifle, scope, ammo...yikes. I wont lie..my weekend shooter is a .45 or iron sight AR.

here's some pics so I dont get the dreaded "This thread is worthless....." :)

2831097505_25279fb92b.jpg

2831097509_416b6e713d.jpg

2831097513_082fc22b0b.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads