Ok... and I thought the AK was hard to reload...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dst

Jan 29, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Hello all, its kind of ironic to find one of my videos on this site as i used to live in Maryland ( Laurel ) i know reside in Las Vegas and currently work at Front Sight Nevada as a firearms instructor. I appreciate the use of my video for this discussion and as i have now joined this forum i look forward to getting more involved with your discussions. I Have attached a still photo from that day in the desert to verify my authenticity.

Pffft! That's just some chick!

:innocent0

Vegas_Jester

Aug 26, 2008
    I'm pretty sure I'd have some bleeding knuckles if i tried that

The day this video was shot i shredded my support hand during a Type II malfunction clearing and had to spend the remainder of the day with a piece of terry cloth duct taped to my hand. i will post the video when i get back to work tommorow.

after i cut my hand on that safety i tore the weapon apart and used a dremell tool to file down and re shape the safety to ensure it didnt bite me agian. anyone who runs a weapon enough will tell you the first thing you should always do is "de horn" all the sharp edges. your hands will thank you.

Vegas_Jester

Aug 26, 2008
    Ouch

I couldnt upload the video showing my hand getting slashed by the safety but here is the aftermath.. now thats a field dressing.

Attachments

• Lovell Canyon Shooting032.jpg
      Lovell Canyon Shooting032.jpg
      98.3 KB · Views: 116

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I couldnt upload the video showing my hand getting slashed by the safety but here is the aftermath.. now thats a field dressing.

hahahaha... Welcome aboard! Glad I found your video and posted it! :beer:

I was sharpening a Ka-Bar at a friend's house once and accidentally knicked my thumb pretty bad (cut into it a good 1/4"). Luckily I had some McDonald's napkins and duct tape until I could get home and use real first aid supplies.

So how do you like Front Sight? Is it really worth it? I'd love to do an intensive training class but it's a lot of money...

Vegas_Jester

Aug 26, 2008
    I highly recommend Front Sight for anyone who wants to further their training on any weapon system. I have been to a few of the other "larger" public training facilities and i can honestly say that Front Sight is head and shoulders above the rest. you can go on Ebay and purchase a certificate good for a 4 day course for one person or can be used for a 2 day course for 2 people for about 300 bucks. these certs are given to anyone that purchases a lifetime membership and are fully transferable. if your really interested this is the best way to experiance frontsight. alot of people think there is some kind of timeshare schpeel or forceful membership pitch. this is not true. we do inform the students of the options available for membership. but we do it during lunch of the second day only and the information only takes about 25 mins of questions and answers then you are free to decline or accept with absolutly no pressure from staff.

slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    hey Vegas welcome!what would be the posibility of setting up a group trip to front site? discounted say for group size? i was looking to visit there anyway for a vacation some day and it would make it even greater to spend the time with some of the great folks here at md shooters.

Vegas_Jester

Aug 26, 2008
    Group Training

Slayer Front Sight does not currently have any discount rates for non members or groups, however, we do issue complimentary course certificates to all persons that purchase a membership that can be redeemed by FIRST TIME VISITORS only. these certificates are always available on Ebay and are posted by members. these certs are good for (1) 4 day course for (1) person or (1) 2 day course for (2) people and are valued at roughly $2000.00 ( the cost of a 4 day course. the going rate right now is about 300-350 dollars. if you would like to attend this is the best possible way to do so. please visit Ebay and search for Front Sight Certs im sure you will find them there. If you get a few guys together you can split the $350 certificate costs between two people and you can both get a spot in a 2 day defensive handgun class for about $175 dollars each. that is a savings of $825.00 We offer these certs as a means to bring in the new people and expose them to a taste of the remarkable training that we offer. If you do arrange a group from MD Shooters please let me know what dates you would like attend and i will make sure i am available to instruct that weekend. I would like to meet you all and be apart of your training experiance at Front Sight Nevada. Hope to see you out here you wont regret your decision to train with us!!! For more information please visit FrontSight.com and when you call John to register for your class be sure to tell him i sent you. Jeffrey Spalding ( Instructor )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom