• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My bolt had some kind of coating on it. Once that came off, it was much smoother.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I just put a Boyds Pro-Varmint stock on mine. What a difference. My gun is much quieter than any air rifle suppressed/using subs.
    I went with a Boyds Evolution stock and am not disappointed at all... it made a big difference over the factory plastic stock for sure!

I will soon be done with my first suppressor so I can experience the same degree of quiet... :party29:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I went with a Boyds Evolution stock and am not disappointed at all... it made a big difference over the factory plastic stock for sure!

I will soon be done with my first suppressor so I can experience the same degree of quiet... :party29:

You are going to giggle like a little girl when you get your suppressor. It's just stupid. I showed my father-in-law and he kept insisting that the gun didn't fire.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    My bolt had some kind of coating on it. Once that came off, it was much smoother.
    A lot of times you can just lube that sucker up good, sit in front of a Monday Night Football game and work the bolt (unloaded, of course). It will work the kinks out pretty well that way too and smooth it out quite a bit (or just shoot the heck out of it, same deal).

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    The other mod I did to my FVSR was to add an Apache trigger upgrade kit to it. I now have an accutrigger that breaks at just over 1lb reliably..

My older MKII was pre-accutrigger, so that one got a full trigger workover to make it right. It breaks a little heavier, but it's smooth and crisp.

Attachments

• IMG_3571.jpg
      IMG_3571.jpg
      61.9 KB · Views: 116

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Thanks for the detail, Sticky. I will get to work on mine. :thumbsup:
    Here are a couple of pics I snagged during my research.. one was a stainless older bolt, the other a newer blued bolt (note the turned down section of the striker on the newer bolt). The other thing I found on my FVSR is that they have added a small flat washer between the spring and e-clip, probably to minimize wear on the e-clip.

The stainless bolt shows the critical areas to be polished, the one thing it doesn't show is the inside of the rear portion of the bolt, which should also be as smooth as possible.. (you will see the blued bolt is polished in that section).

Attachments

• Savage_bolt.jpg
      Savage_bolt.jpg
      80.6 KB · Views: 123
    • 98aeec36.jpg
      98aeec36.jpg
      54.7 KB · Views: 115

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Here are a couple of pics I snagged during my research.. one was a stainless older bolt, the other a newer blued bolt (note the turned down section of the striker on the newer bolt). The other thing I found on my FVSR is that they have added a small flat washer between the spring and e-clip, probably to minimize wear on the e-clip.

The stainless bolt shows the critical areas to be polished, the one thing it doesn't show is the inside of the rear portion of the bolt, which should also be as smooth as possible.. (you will see the blued bolt is polished in that section).

Most excellent. That saves me some time. I will be "working" from home tomorrow :innocent0

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    The other mod I did to my FVSR was to add an Apache trigger upgrade kit to it. I now have an accutrigger that breaks at just over 1lb reliably..

My older MKII was pre-accutrigger, so that one got a full trigger workover to make it right. It breaks a little heavier, but it's smooth and crisp.

So it took me a little while but I just installed the Apache trigger kit on my MKII BTVS yesterday and my trigger went from 3-3.5 lbs at the lowest setting to just below 1lbs consistently with the kit. That is kind of insane for just a new spring, pins, and a ball bearing. :party29:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    So it took me a little while but I just installed the Apache trigger kit on my MKII BTVS yesterday and my trigger went from 3-3.5 lbs at the lowest setting to just below 1lbs consistently with the kit. That is kind of insane for just a new spring, pins, and a ball bearing. :party29:
    I have been really happy with mine so far and that gun is about to get a lot more use... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom