• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Bass Pro currently has Winchester white box 100 round packs of 9mm for $12.88

Same in .40 SW runs about $18.something

Both are pretty good prices right now.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    i agree, i dont like basspro.

i just bought 1000 rounds of AK ammo, 500 rounds of tokarev, and 2500 rounds of .22lr from Ammoman.

also, ammunitiontogo has lots of unique stuff....sometimes its homemade type incendiary, but u can often find some good milsurp AP rounds there as well as cool shotgun rounds (like the Dragons Breath rounds, which are kinda neat).

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    yep...so noted....i also get some of my .22-250 from them....remi hollowpoints (the only ones i've found in the non-polymer tip configuration) have good prices....even some of the polymer tip hunting ammo is decently priced....i tend to use Winchester Ballistic silvertips on the pesky critters. hopefully this spring i'll get my chance to do some "pest control" for a few people....goodbye groundhog.....meet my shiny new Ruger Model 77.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If this ammo bill goes through, it won't matter because you'll have to shoot it all out by 2010 or face a year in prison and $1000.00 fine.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I just ordered 500 .223 rounds and 500 9mm rounds from Georgia Arms. They charge $125 for the .223 and $80 for 9mm. The 9mm price is about the same as Wal-Mart, but I figured I would give them a try. Hopefully they are not as dirty as the Winchester white box that I usually get. No tax and $20 for shipping. Neither was on backorder and should ship first thing next week.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think that you'll like it a lot. If I don't order some before next week, I may get some over at the Dulles Fun Show next weekend.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    The Georgia Arms stuff is great. I put a few hundred rounds of .223 through my AR as well as 500 45ACP through my Ruger and 1911. Great stuff, and just a tad hotter than WWB.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Nobody mention Midway yet? I get my 7.62Nato from midway, my .45ACP from walmart, and my .357SIG from Uncle Sam (the cheapest).

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    How are the prices on the Georgia Arms stuff at the shows? Much cheaper than ordering from the web?

The prices are the same as I recall. However, I've gotten some deals from them when I've made a pretty good sized purchase. Once you figure in gas and the $10 admission it probably breaks even.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I just ordered 500 .223 rounds and 500 9mm rounds from Georgia Arms. They charge $125 for the .223 and $80 for 9mm. The 9mm price is about the same as Wal-Mart, but I figured I would give them a try. Hopefully they are not as dirty as the Winchester white box that I usually get. No tax and $20 for shipping. Neither was on backorder and should ship first thing next week.

That's a good deal. I'll try them next. That's roughly what I paid at Sportsman's Guide for the reloads. Paid $136 + $17.99 shipping - $10 coupon = $144

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    How are the prices on the Georgia Arms stuff at the shows? Much cheaper than ordering from the web?

No shipping costs; offset by admission though unless you buy a lot of ammo.

Norton and I bought 3 or 4 misc cases of ammo and they knocked off $10 per case which made it a great deal.

How is it on the filth scale? As bad as the WWB?

I don't recall it being any worse......perhaps a bit better.

Never a single misfire with it either.

I bought a few 50 round bags of 380 ACP that shot well also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom