• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Now that the “do or die” period is almost over and many of the coolest long guns are forever out of reach for MD resident, will you continue to purchase non-regulated long guns in the near future or let the credit card cool down a bit?

I have put off several purchases of non-regulated long guns that I wanted, to funnel my cash into things I knew I wasn’t going to be able to get any longer, so I will probably make another purchase or two this year, but I think I’m going to start saving my pennies and get another Class 3 next year.

Anybody else got plans?

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    I'll bs buying more rifles but I'm not doing the HQL. I hope to bs back working long hours and making decent money again so I won't have time during the day. Unless they got some courses around midnight?

zombie killer

Sep 11, 2013
    I have 2 lowers I'm waiting on tax stamps to sbr which I'll probably build while I wait, but other than that I spent too much on guns this year as it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    I thought I was done for a while. I'm picking up 5 regulated either tomorrow or Saturday. With the recent HQL situation, I'll have cash with me in case there's a handgun I find that i want when I pick up the others.

Edit. I was going to buy one or two more this weekend but create a paper trail of a violation of the law? I don't think so..

Last edited:

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Well, I'm thinking I might get an HQL to help flood the system. But that said I want a few non-reg'd things. Namely an 1897 trench gun repro, a precision .308 build, and possibly a BP revolver cartridge conversion.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Purchases will take a backseat to contributing to the usual suspects that are going to need the money to fight all this BS in court.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I will suffer, but I won't suffer in Silence! Yes I am going to get an HQL, buy more handguns and bitch about the illegal TAX on my 2A rights.

Wombat Rancher

Aug 21, 2013
    Let's just say that my wife has been a VERY good sport about things. :o[/QUOTE]

My wife wasn't just a good sport, she suggested that we get more:clap:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    This is true too.

IMO, the lawsuits to keep our rights intact (or at least try to un-clusterfvck them) is more important than any new acquisition.

There may be a new one here and there, but the lion's share is going to the communal war-chest. Our opponents have much better funding then we do.

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Yup I wasn't thinking about it that way but now I am. People like MSI and etc are going to need more bucks to duke it out in court. Hopefully common sense prevails in court for us. The most strict states in the country have most of the highest murder rates.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Sure but probably stuff I deferred until after 10/1. Such as a KSG, another Sub2000, a Winchester Trails End 30-30 takedown. Always game for cool C&R stuf.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I will be getting a HQL. I have nothing to lose. I am one of the anointed ones who has a MD CCW, so they have my prints and photos. I also think it will be important for us to support our local gun shops. I frequent a couple, and have people I consider friends at each one. I want to give them job security by continuing to patronize the shops where they work.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    Still on the wish list:

Commander-length 1911
    CZ-527 in .223
    Remington 870 18"

And there are a number of C&R still on the list.

But the smoke needs to clear a little first -- maybe I'll get something for myself for Christmas.

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    I will be getting a HQL. I have nothing to lose. I am one of the anointed ones who has a MD CCW, so they have my prints and photos. I also think it will be important for us to support our local gun shops. I frequent a couple, and have people I consider friends at each one. I want to give them job security by continuing to patronize the shops where they work.

I feel you on that aswell. I just fear I won't have the time during the day to do the courses. Unless they have night courses. It's goina be a shame that some if not alot of gun shops will be put out of buisness due to lack of sales. So much for creating jobs and saving jobs in Maryland for the governor

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom