• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eastcoasttj

This is gonna hurt
    Sep 22, 2012
    Baltimore
    During Christmas a family member expressed interest in a over under in .410 and .22, I of course have never heard of this. So I bring the question of where to get one of these to you fine people. (If they even exist) Anyone even seen something close?

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I can't attest to the new ones, but the 1950-60ish I have is one of my favorites.
    Thing is fantastic for squirrles, rabbit, turkey, varmints...

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    My uncle had one. Awesome rifle. It was supposed to go me or my brother when he passed, but his ahole son in law snagged it and did God only knows what with it.
    I would love to have another.

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    Grew up learning to shoot and hunt using a savage 22/410. Loved it! Wanted to buy one off GB but they run 250-300. Saw an advertisement in a recent copy of Rifleman magazine for a new one. Forgot what company.

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Most gun shows seem to have at least one Savage 24. There was one at York just inside the door to the left. It was a 222 over 20 gauge. If the guy had wanted less than $495 for it I may have bought it. Nice combos and they come in a variety of calibers.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Savage M24 is the Iconic one. Origional , and probably most popular was .22lr/ .410. Also made in a variety of rifle(ish) cals , and with 20ga , rifle over shotgun. The FIE Bronco was a .22/.410 with all metal construction . I to say that at least briefly there were Russian made combination guns , either imported by Rem , or under their own name.

grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    th_MosinNagants065.jpg

Savage Model 24. .410/.22 over under. Great little guns.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Some over unders are not legal for hunting in some places. Great guns but be sure to check the regs if it will be used for hunting. May be due to the caliber/guage and game animal involved.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Some over unders are not legal for hunting in some places. Great guns but be sure to check the regs if it will be used for hunting. May be due to the caliber/guage and game animal involved.

It was my understanding that the over under is fine as long as you are not "violating" the regulations.

For instance, using an over/under with a slug when deer hunting is OK. Should be fine as long as you aren't trying to shoot a deer with the other caliber.
    But I may be mistaken, I learn everything from the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom