• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    The Ruger would be a LR and pred. gun. Then I'd get the Hunter stock. Magpul is looking at late 2017 and then they'll be OOS for six months. The stock is a big draw. I love my X22 one.

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County
    I recently picked up a Bergera B14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmor and put a Vortex Viper HS in 6-24x50 on it. It’s my new favorite rifle. Once sited in, it shoots great and as advertised. I love this set-up.

DigDug

Oct 21, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Howa%20%20100y_zpslnhe9emi.jpg

My Howa HCR with Vortex Viper HST 6-24 x 50mm. Served me well out to 1200 yards this past summer.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I bought a H-S Precision HTR (heavy tac rifle) a few years ago in 6.5 Creed; 26" 1-8 twist. I hated the stock, just too bulky, and actually listed the rifle for sale for a while. Then I saw a lot of folks are swapping out their stocks for chassis systems, so I bought an MPA chassis for it a little bit ago and I really like this rifle again. I just did the Peacemaker Fall Scramble two day precision rifle match (20 stages) with it, and when I got a good rest (it had positional shooting thru barricades, on barricades, logs, barrels and the like) and the wind wasn't swirling too much, I got good hits. Definitely need to work on creating a solid rest and reading wind.

Attachments

• hs,mpa,nf.jpg
      hs,mpa,nf.jpg
      69.7 KB · Views: 383

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    This is another option. MVP LC.

Thats a good looking stock rifle. I have the Savage BA Stealth in 6.5 and I hated the stock. Once I replaced it, Im happy now. I also got the MPA EVG grip which is a nice upgrade.

The MVP looks like it uses a Magpul.

Im not sure how accurate the MVP shoots but the Savage has proven to be able to produce tight groups. I’ve shot <6” group at 1205 yds, <3” group at 600yds and here is a pic of 5 shots <1/2” at 100yds.

ba9495279ee419645d8cf390090639ce.jpg

This shot is also after 700 rounds through the barrel and I run my hand loads on the hot side.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I am looking a 6.5 platform and I am leaning towards the 260 Rem as I reload and it has advantages of .308 parent case, more powder capacity. As my up coming B'day present I am looking a the Nemo XO Carbon .260 with either Nightforce or Vortex 1st focal plane optic. 8.5 empty weight, and I have an AAC 762-SDN-6 to mate with it already.

Any thoughts?

nemo-xo-carbon-right-quarter.jpg

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I am looking a 6.5 platform and I am leaning towards the 260 Rem as I reload and it has advantages of .308 parent case, more powder capacity. As my up coming B'day present I am looking a the Nemo XO Carbon .260 with either Nightforce or Vortex 1st focal plane optic. 8.5 empty weight, and I have an AAC 762-SDN-6 to mate with it already.

Any thoughts?

nemo-xo-carbon-right-quarter.jpg

Damn fine looking machine. My friend has .260 Rem and we have shot side by side out to 1200yds. It’s going to perform almost identical to 6.5cm. I guess if you already have a ton of good 308 brass it may make economic sense to go 260. What is your main planned use? How far to you intend to shoot? Any reason to choose SA over a precision BA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Damn fine looking machine. My friend has .260 Rem and we have shot side by side out to 1200yds. It’s going to perform almost identical to 6.5cm. I guess if you already have a ton of good 308 brass it may make economic sense to go 260. What is your main planned use? How far to you intend to shoot? Any reason to choose SA over a precision BA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going to use it for long range shooting (1000yard+) but would also be used for hog/deer hunting. The Hog hunting I would want the ability to crank of multiple shots as we normally get a sounder with several hogs to shoot at.

I took my TC Compass with a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 out for the first time today. This was with the cheapest ammo I could get my hands (140gr Non Typical) This was the sighting in of a new rifle- group #1 wasn't on the paper.
    Yup, I'm officially on the 6.5 Creedmoor bandwagon.

Attachments

• 20171110_145333.jpg
      20171110_145333.jpg
      42.6 KB · Views: 309

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    just fyi, peacemaker is having a long range challenge (LRC) match sat dec 16 if you want to see a bunch of long range/precision rifles. most if not everyone will let you handle, get behind and even shoot their rifles. great opportunity to see a bunch of rifle and glass options. this is actually just a fun match, shot prone/on your belly. great chance to get dope for your gun. some folks even bring their hunting rifles, again to get dope.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    just fyi, peacemaker is having a long range challenge (LRC) match sat dec 16 if you want to see a bunch of long range/precision rifles. most if not everyone will let you handle, get behind and even shoot their rifles. great opportunity to see a bunch of rifle and glass options. this is actually just a fun match, shot prone/on your belly. great chance to get dope for your gun. some folks even bring their hunting rifles, again to get dope.

Known or unknown distance? I might try to make it

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I took my TC Compass with a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 out for the first time today. This was with the cheapest ammo I could get my hands (140gr Non Typical) This was the sighting in of a new rifle- group #1 wasn't on the paper.

Yup, I'm officially on the 6.5 Creedmoor bandwagon.

Does you model have the 3 lug bolt design? Also how do you like the trigger? I saw one at the York PA show last year and it seemed like a good deal but the guy talked me into the Savage Axis II for $100 more. The stock is nicer on the TC but i liked the trigger on the Axis better.

By the way if you would like some brass I have a few mixed head-stamp range brass that you can have to get some reloads going. Maybe 20-30 cases. Let me know.

For factory ammo I like Prime. Its a great value for very accurate loads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom