• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We have a few old chairs that have good bones.

We also have what may be an original Duncan Phyfe loveseat, if someone knows what they are talking about there, we’d love an opinion.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    We have a few old chairs that have good bones.

We also have what may be an original Duncan Phyfe loveseat, if someone knows what they are talking about there, we’d love an opinion.

:lol: Wow... that was surprisingly high-brow...

I just reupholstered 6 breakfast nook chair seats for our place at the beach. Foam from Wally-World and left over Pacific Blue Sunbrella fabric from when I owned a glorious sailboat (pre kids).

I'll send pics, your wife will love the look. :lol2:

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Is anyone in your family good with fabrics and such and a sewing machine? Usually an older relative (I’m not that far behind you in age). My mother reupholstered 2 old couches that still had good frames at least twice and a set of gliders. Who knows what she’s done since then? My advice is to ask your older family members. If they don’t know, they probably know someone who can. My mom’s best friend (my best friend’s mother) has reupholstered leather

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    There is a guy in the Hydes/Fallston area that I believe does. His name is Jim Young. Send me. PM and I can look his info up in the morning for you at the shop

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Check out the local prison release crowd if the old bettys don’t want your work. I had a great guy working for me a few years back in Arizona who had learned sewing during a seven year stretch in prison. While working for me he bought a massive industrial sewing machine and personally reupholstered his Toyota Tundra. It was amazing but I had to shut him down when he started shopping for leather to reupholster his company truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom