• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    So while looking in the safe to make room for a new M1 I realized I had a birthday today. So doing a little math based off 2400 rifles being made in October of 1939 there were 77.4 rifles a day made. They started the month at 17010 and my rifle is SN 17319. So mathematically it’s birthday is October 4. It is 81 years old today.

This receiver has had the 7th round modification done to it. I picked this up at CMP south store a few years ago. It does have hackberry wood but hope to change that one day soon.

https://imgur.com/gallery/PXvv2QR

Is early and missing finish but I would guess it will be the oldest M1 I ever own.

Thanks for looking.

fpmst930

Oct 21, 2019
    Rockville MD
    So while looking in the safe to make room for a new M1 I realized I had a birthday today. So doing a little math based off 2400 rifles being made in October of 1939 there were 77.4 rifles a day made. They started the month at 17010 and my rifle is SN 17319. So mathematically it’s birthday is October 4. It is 81 years old today.

This receiver has had the 7th round modification done to it. I picked this up at CMP south store a few years ago. It does have hackberry wood but hope to change that one day soon.

https://imgur.com/gallery/PXvv2QR

Is early and missing finish but I would guess it will be the oldest M1 I ever own.

Thanks for looking.

I look for stocks on ebay or gun shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom