• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I ran a search and while there were definitely complaints about 5.56 Bear Creek Arsenal rifles on here, it seemed like most people were pretty happy (for the price) with the 7.62x39 uppers that they have had from BCA. I just ordered one today because, as we know, they're priced so low it's almost insane not to. Got a Type 56 SKS with my C&R last summer and I figure I might as well get something else in the caliber to keep from constantly having to pack multiple calibers for the range.

Now that those of you have had the 7.62 BCAs for a while longer, how do you feel about them? Are they still treating you well? Any suggestions on what to do when you first get one outside of the usual strip, clean, and lube?

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I have a BCA 7.62x39 upper and like it a lot. Pretty darn accurate. I had the parkerized one, but sold it when I got the nitrided version. I am under no illusion they are know for being the best, but mine was cheap, so far has worked fine. The only issues I had were with cheap Russian ammo with hard primers. I had a couple instances of light strikes, which are a know issue to 7.62x39 uppers. I did get an enhanced firing pin, as well as heavier hammer spring, but have yet to install them. It isn't my primary defensive gun/upper, so it does fine for range fun, and has a lifetime warranty, so if it breaks, it goes back. For the money, I can't complain yet.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I have a BCA 7.62x39 upper and like it a lot. Pretty darn accurate. I had the parkerized one, but sold it when I got the nitrided version. I am under no illusion they are know for being the best, but mine was cheap, so far has worked fine. The only issues I had were with cheap Russian ammo with hard primers. I had a couple instances of light strikes, which are a know issue to 7.62x39 uppers. I did get an enhanced firing pin, as well as heavier hammer spring, but have yet to install them. It isn't my primary defensive gun/upper, so it does fine for range fun, and has a lifetime warranty, so if it breaks, it goes back. For the money, I can't complain yet.

Thanks. It's basically a spare upper to keep costs and packing down at the range. I can take my SKS and throw this on the AR lower and not have to worry about getting two calibers out. I went with the 16" HBAR rear-charging carbine gas system with 15" MLOK, Nice flat top from tip to tail to throw an optic of flip-ups on and have some fun. For $240 shipped, it really seems like you can't beat it.

Sirex