• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    In case anyone was looking for them, Cabelas has the new MCT non-window Pmags in stock. This is the first time I've seen them in a brick and mortar store. This picture doesn't really do justice, but MCT(right) is just a bit darker than their FDE(left). I really like this new color. I hope they come out with more accessories in MCT.

Attachments

• IMG_7184.jpg
      IMG_7184.jpg
      122.5 KB · Views: 921

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    I don't. But a lot do. They need everything matching. It's just nice having other color options too. The MCT is more significant because it is supposed to be the first colored pmag as strong as the black pmag. It's also the color pmag the military is adopting.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What do those people do with their Pink AR15 rifles? What mag can they use? FDE would clash so badly. You'd be the talk of the range if you used that color combination. Ohmygod........

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I don't. But a lot do. They need everything matching. It's just nice having other color options too. The MCT is more significant because it is supposed to be the first colored pmag as strong as the black pmag. It's also the color pmag the military is adopting.

Interesting. Never would have thought that color would affect strength.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County

I remember years ago taking a tour of Hopkins University and one of the things they showed us was a project they were working on studying why certain color lacrosse stick heads broke more often. It had to do with the powdered dyes used to make them.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county

I never thought it would either. Apparently a Magpul rep commented on a thread over at another forum. They said, not verbatim, the sand colored pmags that you could dye with RIT was the strongest as it was the natural color of their polymer. Black, which was just a hair less strong, met all of their requirements for strength and durability. All the other colors of pmag did not measure up to their requirements due to the weakening of the polymer after color was added. They finally came up with a formula for the MCT pmag, which is within the Army's guidelines for acceptable colors, that equaled the black pmags strength.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Are AR magazines interchangeable so long as the caliber is correct? I have a couple Magpuls and was looking to pick up a few more.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I remember years ago taking a tour of Hopkins University and one of the things they showed us was a project they were working on studying why certain color lacrosse stick heads broke more often. It had to do with the powdered dyes used to make them.

Yup I used or run a plant with several injection moulding lines. In general Black was always stronger then the Red or Blue parts we made. Also the more vibrant the colored part the weaker it was. There were special resins made in particular colors which did not suffer from a loss in physical properties but they were considerably more expensive then simply adding color pellets to natural resin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom