• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    community met with police, the mayor and other officials on Saturday to get some answers about increased violence.
    I love the subtle use of the word violence in our lexicon. Rather than say a person committed a crime, it's now violence and everyone is a victim (including the perpetrators). This is why they use the term "gun violence" instead of crime. If we call it crime then we can say it's a person doing something that wasn't stopped. But who knows when it comes to violence how or why.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I love the subtle use of the word violence in our lexicon. Rather than say a person committed a crime, it's now violence and everyone is a victim (including the perpetrators). This is why they use the term "gun violence" instead of crime. If we call it crime then we can say it's a person doing something that wasn't stopped. But who knows when it comes to violence how or why.

This is why I wish the media would get it through their thick, ideological skulls that it is "criminal violence", and if a firearm is used that is secondary.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This is why I wish the media would get it through their thick, ideological skulls that it is "criminal violence", and if a firearm is used that is secondary.

That would require "Journalism" and "digging," both of which require "work." That is like sunlight to a vampire.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Gunshots to many, and in many places, are equated with the shooting sports, hunting, food, and plinking for fun. Everything is relative.

City dwellers who are uptight about it should spend more time out in the country and broaden their horizons. At least gain an understanding and appreciation for people whose lives and lifestyles are very different yet just as meaningful and worthy of respect as their own.

Tolerance. Something they preach, but often don't practice.

Are you listening, MoCo, Baltimore, and P.G., and to some extent HoCo? Not holding my breath. Remember, "Don't be so judgmental"?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

Well said.

We should all refuse to use the term "gun violence".

When we use their terms, we play right into their hands.

Feb 28, 2013
    Gunshots to many, and in many places, are equated with the shooting sports, hunting, food, and plinking for fun. Everything is relative.

They should be used to that sound in DC.

City dwellers who are uptight about it should spend more time out in the country and broaden their horizons. At least gain an understanding and appreciation for people whose lives and lifestyles are very different yet just as meaningful and worthy of respect as their own.

Tolerance. Something they preach, but often don't practice.

Are you listening, MoCo, Baltimore, and P.G., and to some extent HoCo? Not holding my breath. Remember, "Don't be so judgmental"?

Gentrified hipster libtard city dwellers feel that there is no world outside THEIR world, so any possible relevance it may have to anyone at all is moot.

Therefore, there is no need to gain any understanding of different lifestyles.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Love the concerned resident/victim comments.

"I was like, they were like and I was like and it was all like..."

Sounds to me like they need more midnight basketball and gun buybacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom