• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sonofagun

Mar 8, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    VE day, May 8, 2015

On May 8, 2015 you will have a chance to see one of the largest formations of World War II aircraft ever assembled in the United States. As many as 70 fighters, bombers, trainers, and transports will fly over the National Mall in Washington, D.C.

This is part of a three day event to honor our veterans as well as those that worked to supply our troops. For more info check out the link below:
    http://ww2flyover.org/

Last edited:

Sonofagun

Mar 8, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Yeowsa, I imagine most of them will be parked at Andrews the night before. A nice perk for those stationed there as long as the pos in the WH stays away. :thumbsup:
    Right now it looks like a lot of the planes are going to be on display at VA airports.:envy:

Here's a list of airports that planes will take off from:
    The aircraft will fly out of Culpeper Regional Airport (CJR) 12517 Beverly Ford Road, Brandy Station, VA 22714 and Manassas Regional Airport (MNZ) 10600 Harry J Parrish Boulevard, Manassas, VA 20110.

May 2 - 10 at the Manassas Airport select aircraft will be available for flights. Here's a link for the Manassas Regional airport:

http://www.manassascity.org/index.aspx?NID=131

They don't have anything listed yet but check back as they should have updates real soon.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Maybe we could all send the pos in the White House some golf balls!

Nope, Andrews is his default golf course. :mad54: 1989 or so me and my 4some were waiting to tee off, massive delay. Up pulls black limo with G.H. Bush onboard, EVERYONE CHEERED even with a massive slice. Things were set back at least an hour. Only time I ever saw him there and I almost lived on the course that year.

Doubtful the bastard would be greeted with the glee GH got save a few stupid assholes that couldn't help themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom