• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Ha! surprise the hell out of me! Cant wait to follow this one. I wonder when they will cuff him? WGMD will be going haywire. I might even listen to them in the morning instead of west-wood one. That guy from Ocean view or Joan will never give anybody a chance to call in.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If he was a Dem, there would be no charges.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I really doubt the sheriff's office down there cared if he was a Delaware state senator or not. That's not exactly a pinnacle of power. Sounds more like someone used some common sense and cut a guy who made an honest mistake a break. And since then the sheriff caved to all the publicity and they now are throwing the book at him. Too bad in my opinion.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I'm sure they are drafting the new law to allow politicians to carry.

It will be interesting to see which politicians are "more equal" and get to carry and which elected positions are considered just "little people" and are denied the same second amendment guaranteed rights. :sad20:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    This is a great case for the MGA...they are pushing hard to make any violation of the carry law a felony. Luckily Zirkin has had a bit of common sense regarding the issue.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    The decision to charge may be politically motivated, but just not in the usual way. The recent push to allow for carry by members of congress could make this case significant in that his defense is protecting self and family in light of recent incidents.

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    You or I would have had the book thrown at us. He's getting the same treatment? Good. Suck it. This is how the rest of us have to live, how does it taste?

I'm firmly against special treatment for anyone.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I'm sure they are drafting the new law to allow politicians to carry.

People should stringly oppose this on principle, for a number of reasons.

The last thing this country needs right now is one more law that distinguishes the people from their so-called representatives.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And then only with permission of the PIC. I realize the devil is in the details but my statement was in reference to commercial aviation, which is what the thread is about.

yeah, a hair splitting is an entertaing past time here on MDS.

done it myself

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    TSA has TSIs Transportation Safety Inspectors. One of their duties is to look at the situation and then they can asses a fine to violators. There doesn't have to be any criminal charges.

^^^ This. Civil penalties, and IIRC fines can range from $5k - $10k for a firearm offense. Citation shows up in the mail, sometimes months after the event occurred. Catches most offenders completely by surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom