• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Ok...maybe I shouldn't have tried to make a funny about this...:o I logged in and had to verify the computer I was on (which is kinda weird since its the same one that I created the account on). They said they had emailed a confirmation number. I waited about two minutes (which is a freakin' eternity in internet time) constantly checking new mail and spam before clicking the link to send it again. Then I got both at the same time.

But...ultimately, I did get in. :shrug:

This verification is normal.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    This verification is normal.

Does it happen often? I created the account a while ago, and finally scraped up enough cash to test it out.

I have to confess, even though I read all about the process on here, there were a couple of times during the creation that I felt a little lost...like, "Ok...now what do I do?" Especially at the end...I had an app # and a pin, so I just kinda figured out, "Well, I reckon that means I'm done?"

You'd think the process would be a little more intuitive...if they wanted us to be buying handguns :lol2:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Does it happen often? I created the account a while ago, and finally scraped up enough cash to test it out.

I have to confess, even though I read all about the process on here, there were a couple of times during the creation that I felt a little lost...like, "Ok...now what do I do?" Especially at the end...I had an app # and a pin, so I just kinda figured out, "Well, I reckon that means I'm done?"

You'd think the process would be a little more intuitive...if they wanted us to be buying handguns :lol2:

What you see is what you get. I don't think it's too difficult. Remember, you can print out a copy of your application. I do this just to have it. That pin number will be used to start the 7 day waiting period as well as to pick up the handgun after that wait.

Congrats, you're on your way!

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Been reading through these as in about to do my first one as a private sale. It appears that once the application is completed, the seller and i must still meet at the barracks with my application number and pin. Same process as before, correct?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Been reading through these as in about to do my first one as a private sale. It appears that once the application is completed, the seller and i must still meet at the barracks with my application number and pin. Same process as before, correct?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You both meet at the barracks. You stand there while the trooper does all of the work. The seller will get an email and then you 2 can meet anywhere to conclude the deal. The seller then responds to the email which finishes the paperwork as far as the MSP are concerned. The firearm has now been transferred.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    So we're now into Aug (8 months) and I was surprised to get berated by a duty officer, through 1-way mirrored 2" bullet proof glass, that all 77r's are electronic and now Barracks' have nothing to do with transfers since 1-1-17, so I shouldn't be there.

I was finally (and nervously ) able to get him to open the window and show him my application email and the MSP web site showing the procedure. From there it went mostly as expected, but he was learning along the way. I'm guessing the promised training for all officers still never happened.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So we're now into Aug (8 months) and I was surprised to get berated by a duty officer, through 1-way mirrored 2" bullet proof glass, that all 77r's are electronic and now Barracks' have nothing to do with transfers since 1-1-17, so I shouldn't be there.

I was finally (and nervously ) able to get him to open the window and show him my application email and the MSP web site showing the procedure. From there it went mostly as expected, but he was learning along the way. I'm guessing the promised training for all officers still never happened.

That's a shame....

That what that is.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto

What barracks?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Which barracks was this?

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    North East

I live just down the road from the North East Barracks and I have heard many customers of mine comment about how they were treated for FTF transfers there.

My own dealings with them have not been much better.

Sorry about your issue. I will handle MDS members FTF transfers for $20 if it helps anyone out.

Last edited:

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I'm not complaining, just stating the fact that MSP still doesn't know or train regarding their own regulations. I've used jlowe in the past very successfully, but this was my first F2F purchase and I figured what the heck, lets give this a try. I had read this entire thread before going and was just taken aback that I had to deal with this 8mos after the e-portal went into affect.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'm not complaining, just stating the fact that MSP still doesn't know or train regarding their own regulations. I've used jlowe in the past very successfully, but this was my first F2F purchase and I figured what the heck, lets give this a try. I had read this entire thread before going and was just taken aback that I had to deal with this 8mos after the e-portal went into affect.

I'd file a complaint with them anyway. It's their duty to serve you and it's likely the way you were treated is the same way he has treated and is treating others.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    And if they feed you a line about how they are too busy, tell them you will wait.

I've never seen a "complicated matter" on the dispatch side/radio take more than 15 minutes.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    OK, today is 8th day and the seller got the proceed email ... but the buyer did not. When buyer logs in, status says initial review not disapproved.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    OK, today is 8th day and the seller got the proceed email ... but the buyer did not. When buyer logs in, status says initial review not disapproved.

Have him check is junk folder. This has been a problem with a few transfers that I've heard about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom