• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Yeah, regretting my name choice at this point. Also regretting getting my trade name recorded at my home. Using a PO box probably would have avoided all of this.

The woman at zoning application is talking to the director to determine whether I can teach the classes for free. We'll see what they say. I'm interested to see if they say that teaching people for free constitutes a business.

-Frank

That would be great, but you are not in the BUSINESS of giving away free classes. You are basically trading paid classroom time for free range time. I understand and appreciate what you are trying to do, but in the process you may be burning bridges with the county for others.

Jul 17, 2012
    That would be great, but you are not in the BUSINESS of giving away free classes. You are basically trading paid classroom time for free range time. I understand and appreciate what you are trying to do, but in the process you may be burning bridges with the county for others.

I understand. I'm trying to tread lightly and sort this out diplomatically.

Another option that I asked about is to just teach the indoor portion at my home and then do the shooting portion elsewhere (Such as at Elk Neck).

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Another option that I asked about is to just teach the indoor portion at my home and then do the shooting portion elsewhere (Such as at Elk Neck).

No one knows what you do inside your home, but now that you have been "outed", that may even be difficult.

Best of luck to you.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

You cannot conduct any part of paid training at Elk Neck or any other state owned range.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I'd take a guess someone(s) complained about your operation to get the ball rolling.

If county employees gathered information from your public social media sites, it was icing on the cake, basically self ownage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom