• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    This is getting a bit convoluted......why is the mythical "Bozo" sending this imaginary firearm to the FFL? Does he want him to transfer a firearm that he already has possession of to the FFL to transfer back to him? Did he buy this firearm on line from an Internet seller and wants the FFL to do the transfer since he cannot legally send it through the mail being a non-licensee? Your whole premise make's no sense, but thanks for your "expert" legal advice. Basically why is this imaginary Bozo sending the gun to the FFL in the first place???? If he owns it why send it, if he's buying it from a third party, that third party is going to want to see the FFL's copy of his FFL license, if he can't produce it, the gun will NOT be sent........unless he wants to break all the Federal Laws in the process.

Buds and other online retailers have copies of the paperwork for many ffls on file. Bozo can just click on the ffl and have the item shipped there whether bozo has made prior arrangements with the ffl or not. The ffl may have taken delivery for other customers in the past but is not interested in doing transfers for just any random guy from the internet.
    I think that's what he is talking about.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    Buds and other online retailers have copies of the paperwork for many ffls on file. Bozo can just click on the ffl and have the item shipped there whether bozo has made prior arrangements with the ffl or not. The ffl may have taken delivery for other customers in the past but is not interested in doing transfers for just any random guy from the internet.
    I think that's what he is talking about.

Thanks traveller finally a coherent statement........I am registered with a few different gun sites such as Bud's and Gunbroker etc...and this type of thing has NEVER happened to me in over 7 years of doing business. All of those deals if it would have happened the way he said and come either USPS, FedEx or UPS, are sent signature required upon delivery, so if I were to receive something like that in the mail I would just refuse to sign for it and the nice delivery man would take it away.....really not a big deal at all. And once again this has NEVER happened to me in over 7 years of doing business. Thanks for clearing that up in an intelligent way! Appreciate you.......:)

And again by doing this dastardly deed of sending these guns unknown to the FFL address of choice, how does this help the local thieves?? Do they plan on waiting for the FedEx delivery man in the bushes and hit him on the head and steal the gun?? Seriously? Or does Boom Boom and Mr. So. MD. think that the FedEx, UPS, or USPS guy is stupid enough to leave a signature only firearm on my or anyone's front step and walk away from it? I guaranty that driver will not have his job for very long.

Last edited:

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Just for fun I googled "FFL" and then my city and state. Came up with several business, but also several addresses that google streets show as private residences. Apparently it is done here in Maryland.

Orthogonal

Jul 23, 2013
    Bel Air
    Brandon.... .so this Henry person is the hacker and he is now sending us threatening emails?

"Henry" doesn't exist. There is no attorney in Texas named Henry Jackson. If you look at his picture, google image search shows that it is a stock image photo from a stock photo site: "http://www.123rf.com/photo_1148912_stock-photo.html"

The domain name is registered in the Czech republic, and at the time I am writing this the site itself is fronted by Cloudflare reverse proxy, who offers free service (apparently even to SSL protected sites now). The SMTP headers from the email you got may be useful, but probably not.

Hopefully he hasn't read this thread and now knows the person he stole from has the FBI involved.

And props to Ridler12 for finding this, even if he jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Might want to consider breaking the thread up and changing the title to "Is FFLTRUST.COM a scam ?" instead of the current title.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    Just for fun I googled "FFL" and then my city and state. Came up with several business, but also several addresses that google streets show as private residences. Apparently it is done here in Maryland.

I don't think anybody said that it absolutely can not be done from a private residence. You just have to get the Ok from your local city zoning commission and any homeowners association that might have regs. about that type of business in your development. It is hard to do but as you pointed out, not impossible. Also a lot of those FFL's that you googled were pre-existing businesses set up in residence's prior to Maryland getting even more stringent on all things gun related, harder to do that now.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    There was no mention of license # in his post, but a specific FFL's license # is indeed readily available publicly if you know the business or proprietor name and/or the address, and where to look.
    Granted, you won't find it with a simple google search (probably).
    <edit> actually, you can in most cases! </edit>

Yep. You certainly can. If you and I can do it, anybody can. It's also super easy to do on gun-related websites like CTD and Classic.

Nothing will prevent the aforementioned bozo from sending a firearm to the FFL, be it a residence or a commercial address.

Yep again. I personally know people who got rid of the 01 FFL at their home address because so many unexpected transfers kept showing up. It's a common annoyance.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    I take it the folks who don't think you can find an FFL's license number haven't found this ATF page yet:
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/listing-federal-firearms-licensees-ffls-2016

Listing of every FFL in America, except FFL03, and it includes name, address, phone number, and FFL number.

And there is absolutely nothing that you can do with that information unless you have the hard copy of the FFL license itself, as all gun broker's require a copy of that sent to them before they will ship a firearm to you through the mail. Unless you happen to be a really good forger of documents.........

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    And there is absolutely nothing that you can do with that information unless you have the hard copy of the FFL license itself, as all gun broker's require a copy of that sent to them before they will ship a firearm to you through the mail. Unless you happen to be a really good forger of documents.........

I never said there was, but some folks seem to think that the FFL number itself is some massive secret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom