• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Has anyone had issues with their AR22? I have about 10k rounds through mine and I'm now getting light strikes and failure to fires. I recently ordered a bolt rebuild kit from CMMG so hopefully that will help resolve the issues. Wasn't sure what kind of life to expect out of these components.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't have anywhere near that many rounds through mine. However this is good to know. Let us know if this fixes the issue.

Good Luck!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    At 10k it's time to replace your hammer spring, and the recoil springs for the bolt.

If the recoil springs are weak you'll have issues with light strikes from the bolt bouncing slightly out of battery or not going fully into battery when the bolt is fouled.

If the hammer spring is worn light strikes will happen. Contest it remove and lay it on the table. It should lay flat.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Thanks Chad! I pulled the bcg apart and have everything in the ultrasonic. I think I found my problem. 10K rounds of suppressed 22LR will gunk things up pretty good. I'm going to clean it and take measurement and see if it's still the same length but the face of the firing pin seems worn upon initial inspection.

Attachments

• IMG_0466 FP.jpg
      IMG_0466 FP.jpg
      43.1 KB · Views: 232

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Springs were good, had to buy a second firing pin because the first one got recycled in its box with a bunch of empty Amazon boxes. After a month + wait I was able to measure both pins side by side and old pin is the exact same dimensions as the replacement. Reassembled it tonight and can hopefully range test it this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom