Anyone have a fancy glock? Agency, Salient, Zev, etc...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Anyone have a full in-house build by one of the well known higher end glock mod companies mentioned above?

How do you like it?
    Worth the price(3-6x oem)?

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Anyone have a full in-house build by one of the well known higher end glock mod companies mentioned above?

How do you like it?
    Worth the price(3-6x oem)?

There may be a few members on here, but I wouldn't think too many guys are putting big money into these custom Glocks.

If it's a race gun for competition that's one thing, but if it's just for cool factor esthetics I say no way.

If I paid that much for a glock it would be a safe queen. Never get holstered, or shot much at all.
    Eventually it would get sold for a glock I wouldn't mind beating up a bit with some holster wear, dings and scratches. With some money left over for ammo.
    Or, a high end 1911. Those custom glocks are just about as pricey

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Aside from aesthetics you can get a better performing gun for far cheaper modding it yourself with well selected aftermarket upgrades.
    my G34 and (now sold) G35 where better than any zev and cost less than $1k fully tricked out. You just wouldnt know by looking at them.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I do the Glock mods myself.

Because I can't justify spending that much on a fancy pistol.

Attachments

• IMG_4657.jpg
      IMG_4657.jpg
      71.2 KB · Views: 593

Benjamin

May 30, 2017
    Westminster
    I have a Glock done up by BoreSightSolutions. Took 11 months because it was one of his Signature Series guns. So worth the weight, carried it everywhere before I moved to this lovely restrictive state. Apex trigger, Trijicon HD sights, and then he redid the entire grip. He calls it a level 2 grip job, completely redesigns the grip angle of the Glock. I'll try to post a picture at some point, but check out his website. More than worth it. I've had dozens of people tell me they could do the same stippling for a fraction of the cost, if that were true they'd be in business doing it themselves.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Thanks for the replies...

I picked up an Agency built G17 a few weeks ago. Got it second hand at a much much better price point than new. I'm not a glock fan but at the price it peaked my interest and I couldn't say no. After shooting it I had a few minor cosmetic concerns and spoke direct to Agency. They said ship it and we'll handle any issues free of charge and even gave me an unbelievable deal on stripping the (ugly IMO opinion) multicam cerakote and DLC coating the gun. I'll update once it's back.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I have an Agency Arms G19 (Hybrid) and love it. Cutting the slide made the gun exceptionally light, the stippling is fantastic and the upgraded flat trigger makes the gun a joy to shoot. Pricey? Absolutely, but this is one Glock that I will end up keeping.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    I have an Agency Arms G19 (Hybrid) and love it. Cutting the slide made the gun exceptionally light, the stippling is fantastic and the upgraded flat trigger makes the gun a joy to shoot. Pricey? Absolutely, but this is one Glock that I will end up keeping.

What other pistols are you comparing it to that it is a joy to shoot? Other striker fired pistols or pistols in the price range of an agency build?

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    What other pistols are you comparing it to that it is a joy to shoot? Other striker fired pistols or pistols in the price range of an agency build?

I'm not necessarily comparing it to any other gun, striker or hammer fired - I simply stated it was a joy to shoot. In fact, I find many of my "lessor-priced" handguns a joy to shoot (Walther P99AS full-size and Compact, PPQs, SA EMP 4.0, all my Beretta 92/96s and Cheetahs, all my CZs, just to name a few). That said, I find that my AA G19 feels better in my hands (and in a holster) than my old G19 Gen 4 or current G23 RTF2, and though I currently own many handguns that would be ideal for concealed carry, my Arsenal G19 will probably end up being my go-to gun for that purpose.

So is purchasing a $2400 upgraded Glock for everyone? Absolutely not, just like purchasing a $3500 Dan Wesson/Ed Brown/Wilson Combat/etc. 1911 isn't for everyone (though my next gun purchase will be the $2800 Wilson Combat EDC X9, simply because it is such a work of art!). As far as I'm concerned, my AA G19 was well worth the price, and even though I love working on my own guns, there is no way that I could have gotten the same mods any cheaper (cut RMR slide, modified frame, stippling, trigger work, etc.) if I had attempted to do the work myself, buying parts and/or doing the smithing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom