• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lseries

Dec 11, 2011
    Two things to consider, both based on what happens at the club I belong to.

1. It costs $80,000-$100,000 a year to keep the doors open and the lights on. We do not have any mortgages or other debt to service as part of, or in addition to, this figure. We also do not have any paid staff.

2. We lose approximately 10% of the membership year to year. Over the course of an entire calendar year we generally replace the people we lose; membership has stayed more or less static year to year since I've been a member. What we do NOT have is a cadre of people equal to 10% of the membership ready to snap up the vacated memberships when January of each year rolls around.

I hope this gives you a little grist for the mill--or at least some real-world numbers to start crunching.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What Stoveman was pointing out was that if this discussion were taking place in either the Training or the Central Maryland subforums, you would be accruing official Post Count , and be closer to gaining access to the desireable subforums of Classifieds, and the Water Cooler ( where the interesting discussions happen) .

We often see blatent post whoring by newer members in an effort to reach the 50 Post threshold, but you are instead having a substantive discussion in the Introductions where the posts literally don't count .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom