• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    In my continued search of a usable daily magazine carrier I recently purchased an Alien Gear IWB/OWB holster. It appeared to be a good option on the internet but the carrier is HUGE and sticks out on my hip worst than an early 2000's cell phone.

Previously I bought a Bravo Concealment OWB carrier that also sticks out pretty far from the body and digs into my stomach while I'm sitting. Not comfortable.

I've resorted to putting a spare magazine in my cargo pocket but it bangs around and knocks into my knee. Sadly I've resorted to only carrying the spare in area with a heighten threat level or on long trips. I'd like to find a way to carry a spare magazine daily and with somewhat reasonable comfort.

Ideas?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Horizontal. I use this one by Black Arches (formerly SHTF Gear).

08cf0c0f2a0cc653c503198ae57216b1.jpg
    2a55576a75376878910476f35392d5d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    After being tired of belt carrying spares for work, I just ended up throwing one in my pocket. Depending on which pants and how tight the front pocket is. My Carhart jeans have those little "tool" pockets on the legs and they hold one just fine. I hate the cargo pocket carry just for your reason. So after experimenting with whatever pants I am wearing that day, I usually ditch the idea and the spare ends up sitting on the ironing board in my closet until another day. LOL

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    I have cargo pants that I get from Target for like $25. They have this little tool pocket on the outside of the cargo pocket that holds and hides a Glock 23 magazine quite well. Easy access, too. I've never had it fall out, either.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I have cargo pants that I get from Target for like $25. They have this little tool pocket on the outside of the cargo pocket that holds and hides a Glock 23 magazine quite well. Easy access, too. I've never had it fall out, either.

I use those too. They're from Wrangler. They call them Wrangler Originals.
    ea93d8fb5a34611a93339761c5b9ac44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    last thing i want is one more thing hanging off my belt. if i carry a spare, it generally just goes in back pocket.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I think first we need to know what are you carrying? This will help us to let you know what's good for your size weapon. I carry a Sig P-228 (med size 9mm) with two magazines. The Sig is in a Mitch Rosen straight drop holster on the belt with a double magazine holder also on the belt. I'm 5.6" 165 lbs and can hide this setup from 99% of the folks out there plus it's comfortable. Chris

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Current carry gun is a FNS 9C in AG IWB or Desantis OWB pancake style in cold weather.

I'll probably switch over to a G23 or CZ P10C in the not to far future.

I had a Desantis IWB holster made of nylon that had a pouch for a spare magazine. The CBST and AG IWB is so much more comfortable I hadn't used the Desantis in several years. Might have to switch back.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I carry my spare on the strong side with my sidearm. I realize its a compromise, but everything shy of an M4 at low ready is a compromise.

Attachments

• IMG_5007.jpg
      IMG_5007.jpg
      124.6 KB · Views: 126

Benjamin

May 30, 2017
    Westminster
    AlexandRyanDesign make the smallest mag carrier that I have found, incredible retention as well. If you want to carry in your pocket, look at the Neomag. Keeps your magazine in your pocket always ready to go.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    So you have to switch the gun to your weak side to reload?

Am I missing something? Why couldn't you reach around your body with your off hand and grab the mag to reload? Would make more sense then moving the gun.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Am I missing something? Why couldn't you reach around your body with your off hand and grab the mag to reload? Would make more sense then moving the gun.

That's a valid point. I guess because I always carried a separate mag holder on my weak side, I never thought about it from that perspective.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I use Dale Fricke Archangel Vertical in the waistband mag pouches when I carry. You cant get much slimmer than what Dale makes. Works great for larger G19/G17 mags and even better for smaller G43 mags too (different pouches of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom