Refute Md. Antis with *this* Md. data -- Use freely in testimony and public arguments

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Just so everyone knows, this information is making the rounds in Annapolis. Kudos to the OP for a fantastic compilation of data.

AimsWellShootsWorse

Mar 2, 2011
    Prince George's County
    I strongly object to your use of the term "Assault Rifle". Although I loathe the term, "Assault Weapon" is far more accurate since we're comparing to AWB terminology.

Well, 'assault weapon' would seem to suggest long gun and 'assault pistols,' the latter defined and banned in Maryland for many years. 'Assault rifle' seems the least imperfect term in context, since they are trying to ban sales of long "assault weapons" or SB281's (since aborted?) phrase "assault long guns." Given the space and the purpose, "assault rifle" makes the point best.

Good point about gun "killings"---homicides by firearm is better. Fixed along with other tweaks. Attached.

Attachments

• One Pager.pdf
      265.8 KB · Views: 197

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Nice, but the problem is antis don't care about facts. They only care about feelings, can you post a feeling chart, thats something they will understand. Great data, if you can find a way to take this stuff to the general assembly. Contact MSI ASAP.

Yup.......they dont. It feels good, no one needs one, it shouldnt be on the street, deer only need a single shot......blah blah.

But it is a startling graphic.

tsphillips

Mar 4, 2012
    Finksburg
    Nifty chart, but correlation does not imply causality.

The method needs to be taken one step further, framing the data in the context of a natural experiment. Even better, there should be some kind of analysis controlling for covariance. I would be happy to discuss options for a more rigorous statistical analysis, though I realize formal methods may mean little to the pro-disarmament faction.

Tom

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    don't EVER use the phraseology of assault rifle or assault weapon.

That's like saying that gun bans are "common sense measures"

It's just a way for them to slant the fight in their favor. If you use their words you're playing their game by their rules. Call them semi-auto rifles, or modern sporting rifles, and if they interject, school them on the difference

briwayjones

Using the term "assault rifle" is wholly in error and incorrect. An "assault rifle" has an official definition of being a fully automatic rifle. A.K.A. a military weapon, machine gun. Already illegal to own and has been for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom