• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    This is a (slightly and seemingly unnecessarily complicated) revisit of last year's HB236 (Repeat Violent Offenders Act of 2019), correct? It's the kind of common sense legislation targeting gun violence that the Redshirts should be supporting just as much as we are...right?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I was unable to get PTO approved to be down there today or Thursday. Too many spread out bills and having a day job affecting time spent in Naptown.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    What an enlightening day. Best part was Del. Conoway giving us another G&S reason to use on W&C permit applications:

I'm a criminal and a felon and I have other criminals that want to hurt and or kill me.

Wow

Yea that was kind of jawdropping! Thank you for your excellent testimony. I'm proud to stand next to patriots like yourself!

ziptiespec

Yea that was kind of jawdropping! Thank you for your excellent testimony. I'm proud to stand next to patriots like yourself!

And thank you to both of you for your help today. I'm a newbie but I've got good teachers. I couldn't help but smile during Art3's testimony. I really want to review some of the things that were said during today's testimony. I have some notes but I didn't catch everything that was said. The word "hypocritical" comes to mind when taking the committee members at their word for this bill vs for HB4.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I was unable to get PTO approved to be down there today or Thursday. Too many spread out bills and having a day job affecting time spent in Naptown.

That, of course, was exactly why the dem leadershit did what they did.

ziptiespec

The video should be up at some point on the MGA website.

Yup, up now: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Committees/Media/false?cmte=jud&clip=JUD_2_4_2020_meeting_1&ys=2020rs

Del. Conaway is an interesting guy. @ 1:46:40 bringing up an issue with mens rea in what I believe is HB0358 "Victim's Rights - Restitution".

HB0356 starts @ 1:40:31-ish.

Other interesting bits from HB0356 testimony:

- 1:51:49 Pro HB0356 panel. Joe Riley (State's Attorney for my home county: Caroline). "...firearms are inherently different. They need to have their own separate offense, because of their violent nature." I don't think I like this take on things. Anyway, he is right that most of the murders committed with a firearm are not committed by the "legal possessors" of the firearm.
    - 2:04:30 Del. Cardin begins asking about increasing penalties for owners of firearms that have been stolen. Punish me for some criminal breaking into my house and stealing my property? This guy is too much.
    - 2:08:05 Our hero Del. Conaway starts his questioning. Something, something, carrying guns. Racism. The real gold is this one:
    Del. Conaway: "...if you're from Baltimore, most likely you should know, that if you've been convicted of carrying a gun one time you might have some enemies out there and that's going to make you make a choice between carrying your gun or being a pigeon".

(I'm going to edit this post and add other interesting bits of testimony as I re-watch this)
    (Done editing)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom