Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Annapolis 2/5/20 (SB208/HB265)

Senate Hearing

Bills:
    Hearing: Wed, Feb 5, 2020 1:00 pm
    Location: 1:00 PM - East Miller Senate Building, Room 2, Annapolis, MD
    Notes: Oral testimony will be limited to 2 minutes per person. Written testimony NEW POLICY (Requires 1 print copy & PDF on flash/thumb drive) only accepted on day of hearing between 9-12.

This is the same bill as HB4. For background please refer to this thread: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=241188

House Hearing

Bills:
    Hearing: Wed, Feb 5, 2020 2:00 pm
    Location: 2:00 PM - House Office Building, Room 100, Annapolis, MD
    Notes: Oral testimony will be limited to 3 minutes per person. Written testimony NEW POLICY (Requires 1 print copy & PDF on flash/thumb drive) only accepted on day of hearing between 9-12.

We should support HB265.

UPDATE: They rescheduled HB356 to 2/4/20 to go with the suite of the Governor's 2020 Violent Crime Plan bills. I created a thread for that here: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=241570

Last edited:

NewTwo

Jan 10, 2020
    Thanks for sharing this. We need more folks to show up than did on 1/15. We also need to be better prepared with our testimony. I'm going to watch the HB 4 testimony to study and identify points we can attack.

Likewise. This one certainly gives us more time but I still doubt we'll get anything significant; expect to be outnumbered. I'll hopefully try and release a testimony analysis this weekend as well.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Sounds like many of us need to show up and support this common sense public safety legislation. And point out to Del Atterbeary that their lack of common sense is quite evident when those don’t pass the bills through committee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    This multiple (and changing) gun bill day system is putting a strain on my work leave...but I'm betting that's no accident :tdown:

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I didn't take any vacation this year over the holidays, partly to save for this type of thing. When I saw Zirkin resigning, that sealed my plans for such.

I own my own business. If I don't work, I don't get paid. I'd much rather spend my time off on the beach, camping, fishing, hunting, shooting, or anywhere else that's not Annapolis.

NewTwo

Jan 10, 2020
    Doesn't sound like there's much excitement for this one. As inconvenient as these multiple hearings may be it's important that we don't have another poor showing.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Doesn't sound like there's much excitement for this one. As inconvenient as these multiple hearings may be it's important that we don't have another poor showing.

To quote Paul Harvey: “Standby for NEWS!”

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Sounds entertaining. I'll be there.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Just curious: why support exemptions bill?

From the perspective of treating all people the same, it doesn’t make sense.

That was one of the points made in the hearing on mags. Arguing against carve outs for Leo, etc, special treatment. It was ruled the carve out is ok, but still.

The more people that are made miserable by anti gun laws, the better. It makes more people fight to give the same right to all, against infringement.

The folks they want special treatment for would also be good folks to have arguing on the behalf of all pro2a folks, as opposed getting by on an exception.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I see 2 sides of it. One side to have zero exemptions. Everyone the same. The other side to stick it to the state and have as few people as possible be required to follow their laws. LEO can already carry nationwide anyways, so requiring this 4 hour class seems unnecessary. I won't fault anyone for either viewpoint.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Sounds entertaining. I'll be there.

Bob you are one of the “Magnificent Seven” who, along with Not_An_Outlaw above, also risked arrest 2 years ago when the Patriot Picket arrests occurred.

Folks, this is another fearless Second Amendment hero, also one of the finest writers on MDS whose OP in the Patriot Picket “arrest” thread is now part of MDS history:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=219880

Honored to stand with you Bob!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Bob you are one of the “Magnificent Seven” who, along with Not_An_Outlaw above, also risked arrest 2 years ago when the Patriot Picket arrests occurred.

Folks, this is another fearless Second Amendment hero, also one of the finest writers on MDS whose OP in the Patriot Picket “arrest” thread is now part of MDS history:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=219880

Honored to stand with you Bob!

Shucks, I just stood there not being arrested. I'll admit to enjoying my write-up, though.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Just curious: why support exemptions bill?

From the perspective of treating all people the same, it doesn’t make sense.

That was one of the points made in the hearing on mags. Arguing against carve outs for Leo, etc, special treatment. It was ruled the carve out is ok, but still.

The more people that are made miserable by anti gun laws, the better. It makes more people fight to give the same right to all, against infringement.

The folks they want special treatment for would also be good folks to have arguing on the behalf of all pro2a folks, as opposed getting by on an exception.

The only reason I suggested that we support HB265 is to support the sponsors of the bill. Some of them have stood with us against gun control bills either vocally in hearings or with their votes committee. Not supporting is essentially leaving them in an unguarded pen for the wolves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom