• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Starting off the new year with the Timonium gun show, 11-12 Jan at the State Fairgrounds. If you are able to volunteer please send an e-mail to events at marylandshallissue with a .org

Maryland State Fairgrounds
    2200 York Road, Timonium MD
    11-12 January

Show Open to the Public
    Saturday - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    Sunday - 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM

Saturday, 11 Jan
    8:30 - 1:00
    1. ShafTed
    2. Biggfoot44

1:00 - 5:00
    1. BeoBill
    2. Biggfoot44

Sunday, 12 Jan
    9:00 - 12:00
    1. Extramile

12:00 - 3:00
    1. ShafTed

If you're a first-timer, there is good info here:

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...ry/4-public-documents/56-msi-show-primer-2018

Volunteers get free admission to the show. (And there's nothing to prevent a little shopping before or after your shift.) Another thing worth mentioning, some vendors, upon seeing you have a vendor badge, will give a few $$ off a purchase. Not all vendors will do this, but it could be an added bonus for volunteers.

MSI now also has a volunteer incentive program, if you volunteer for a total of four shifts at gun shows (all day Saturday or Sunday counts as two shifts) you will get a FREE membership renewal!

Last edited:

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    I'm scheduled to work this weekend, unfortunately, or I'd definitely be there

There's a chance that I may be able to break away for one of the short shifts on Sunday, but don't yet know how likely that'll be.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    The weather (and whether it cancels 3gun at AGC) is going to determine what we can do this weekend. Don't put us down officially anywhere...but we might be able to give some unscheduled relief at some point.

With the upcoming session, this will be a very important show to get the word out.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Bump for the cause. :cool:

My rights
    My rights
    My 2A rights

Volunteer?

Who... ME? :outta her

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Can't this weekend, but plan to in the future. When's the next show on the MSI schedule? Thanks.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    For those interested in volunteering...

If you can stop by and spend some time with the folks who work the show... it will help you to learn more about what to do when you do have the time to fill in.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    For those interested in volunteering...

If you can stop by and spend some time with the folks who work the show... it will help you to learn more about what to do when you do have the time to fill in.

As one who was able to do just that, I'd also recommend this.

I've been fortunate to have spent time with a number of people at the MSI table. Each one of those individuals was more than willing to show me how things work, and I learned a lot by just watching and listening.

So, if you're heading to the show, stop by the MSI table and say hello. And, if you've got a little time to spare, while you're there, ask for a quick overview of the volunteer role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom