• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    For an airsoft gun. What is this, New Jersey?

For those not on the Book;

"A man has been charged after he was arrested allegedly walking the streets with a ‘gel blaster’ assault rifle in Ulladulla last month.

About 12.10am on Wednesday 14 August 2019, officers attached to South Coast Police District were patrolling Golden Valley Drive, Ulladulla. Police sighted two men, one of which was allegedly in possession of a firearm.

The officers drew their firearms and directed the man to drop the weapon.

The firearm was placed on the ground and secured by police. It was seized along with parts and ammunition.

A 19-year-old man was placed under arrest and transported to Ulladulla Police Station.

His companion was released without charge and given a move on direction.

The man was charged with possess unregistered firearm and unauthorised person possess firearm.

The man was granted conditional bail to appear at Milton Local Court today (Thursday 12 September 2019).

The public are reminded that ‘gel blasters’ are defined as a firearm in NSW and require relevant licencing or permits to have one in your possession.

Further to this, it is an offence to supply, acquire, possess or use a firearm that is not registered."

https://www.facebook.com/SouthCoastPD/posts/2437004279708828

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Just reading a few of the comments in the FB post made my head hurt

My favorite might have been that toy guns can be used to home people up and if it had been a real gun you’d be holding police accountable for not having done anything.

Okay...so stopping and asking and taking a 5 second peek is doing something. And then moving the F on.

I really don’t get the mentality that we need to treat possession of a toy gun as an offense requiring arrest let alone the same charges having a firearm would (I mean, Ina free country having a firearm wouldn’t result in charges).

I’ve almost never used the snowflake term before, but that’s like one giant country of snowflakes that are so scared of guns that it take giant hoops to jump through. So the rationale that you can’t tell should be null and void.

But if it is an issue still, then I guess their draconian gun laws aren’t really keeping people safe, in which case people should be allowed to own and carry guns to do what laws and the police won’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom