• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    So the wife dragged me to an estate planning seminar yesterday and it got me thinking about who gets my firearms. Today I'm inventorying everything and recording serial numbers,accessories etc. and an estimated value. One I need some help on though. It's a 1972 Ruger Single Six with the extra magnum cylinder. Still in the original box with instruction manual, registration and original price tag. Only thing wrong is the velvet pouch for the extra cylinder has disintegrated. The reason I still have it is it was my first handgun. I'm guessing it's worth more than the $87.50 I paid for it new back then.

Attachments

• Ruger Single Six 1.jpg
      Ruger Single Six 1.jpg
      84.3 KB · Views: 522

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    When the title said old, I thought it was referring to the old 3 screw model. Never kept up with the prices of the new model single six.
    I'll give you $88.01.:innocent0

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    best way is to look at gunbroker and filter out sales. you have to look at items that have actually sold.
    For a reference, I have a 4 digit Single Six in Excellent condition I got about 4-5 years ago for $300. I considered it a steal for the condition it was, the age (C&R) and the cheap $20 they offered.
    Mine being older and C&R gives it more value cause the potential Interstate sales gets easier.
    No magnum cylindar and no box, docs. so that adds $50 to yours or more.

My "guestimate" before looking on GoneBroker is $350-$400 or possibly more upon a later date

EDIT: Blueheeler beat me to it and looks like a good place to start

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    It would be tacky of us of make offers for purchase outside of an actual classifieds ad.

Vast majority of the Members here know better and wouldn't be dumb enough.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    1. 1972 IS a 3 Screw .
    2. Just like 3 Screw Blackhawks there is a wide range in prices for 3Screw Single Sixes . I know , I went thru a cpl yrs semi seriously searching for one ( 5.5in Convertable ) with the proper intersection of price and condition, until getting lucky with a 6.5in during the FSA run up .

3. Go to the Ruger collector forum , they follow and discuss such things .

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Once you get everything documented and valued I think I'd include a date. Whenever you update values I'd update the date also. That way, when the time comes, your heirs will have an idea of how current the values are.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Once you get everything documented and valued I think I'd include a date. Whenever you update values I'd update the date also. That way, when the time comes, your heirs will have an idea of how current the values are.

Pretty much what I'm trying to do, Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom