• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDS

Sep 17, 2013
    Does anyone know the legality of 3D printed lower receivers? Specifically ar15 lowers. I’ve seen conflicting information online and was hoping someone might have more knowledge on the topic. Thanks!

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    keep-calm-and-don-t-feed-the-troll-48.png

TDS

Sep 17, 2013
    and you have over 2,000 posts lol. Good job you win all the internet points

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Are you talking to me or the other guy? I'm not trolling

He's talking to us, about you. Going to be nicer to you than others might be and tell you, not an ideal first post. I'm sure you're smart enough to realize why opening an account on a gun-focused forum and your first question being something that could lead to questions about skirting the law in some way / shape / form. We don't do that here. We are 2A supporters, and questions like this can appear to be trolling / fishing to get some screenshot-worthy 'gotcha' on gun owners' willingness (or in our case, unwillingness) to recommend ways to break / circumvent the law.

I hope you get the point of what we're getting at here. Try introducing yourself in the New Members section and maybe you might get more responses. Otherwise, this is what you can expect.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    OP , with a handle of TDS and low post count members here get a bit antsy . Also the question is a hot topic in Maryland and really across the nation .

I realize you have a 2013 member date sign up , but that is also a trigger when the gun chit went down-hill . Just some truths and not criticism of you as a member .

TDS

Sep 17, 2013
    He's talking to us, about you. Going to be nicer to you than others might be and tell you, not an ideal first post. I'm sure you're smart enough to realize why opening an account on a gun-focused forum and your first question being something that could lead to questions about skirting the law in some way / shape / form. We don't do that here. We are 2A supporters, and questions like this can appear to be trolling / fishing to get some screenshot-worthy 'gotcha' on gun owners' willingness (or in our case, unwillingness) to recommend ways to break / circumvent the law.

I hope you get the point of what we're getting at here. Try introducing yourself in the New Members section and maybe you might get more responses. Otherwise, this is what you can expect.

Ok fair point. Thanks for your honesty.
    Also, it's just an honest question. I'm not trying to trick anyone if that's what you're suggesting. I feel like I'm at the gun shop talking to paranoid fudds.

TDS

Sep 17, 2013
    OP , with a handle of TDS and low post count members here get a bit antsy . Also the question is a hot topic in Maryland and really across the nation .

I realize you have a 2013 member date sign up , but that is also a trigger when the gun chit went down-hill . Just some truths and not criticism of you as a member .

I understand. 2A supporters do need to promote a positive image to the public. However, I don't see the harm in discussing a relevant political topic. I'm obviously not asking anyone to break the law. We shouldn't be afraid to share our thoughts.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Nothing personal OP, it's just a little unusual for a "first post after lurking for 6 years" to be something so, well, potentially troublesome. I may have a touch of BGOS, to be honest.

I do live in the heartland of TDS here, behind enemy lines as it were...

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    OK. I'm an old geezer with less than stellar eyesight, but is that a 7 or a 1? To the OP, a trip on over to introduce yourself would still be a good idea. Where I grew up we'd call that just bein' neighborly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom