• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    https://wsc.nra.org/

this is a neat & unique match. basically they have 12 stages that cover most of the shooting disciplines (3 gun, uspsa, cowboy action, skeet/trap, long range/precision, rimfire, bianchi, etc). all guns, gear (optics etc) and ammo are provided in the match cost. good chance for folks living around the beltway to attend a major caliber match with it being just above winchester and below hagerstown. for those with at least some match experience, also have the ability to work as staff and shoot the match for free (what i'm doing).

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Nice to meet up with a few of the 'MDS family' this past week at Peacemaker National Training Center for the NRA World Shooting Championship. Hopefully we will all be invited back next year! I was one of the ROs on the NRA Rimfire Side Match #3. I was originally supposed to be on Satge 3, Precision Pistol but we had to rearrange volunteers to cover all stages and side matches.

Last edited:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah was a pretty fun match. but as an CRO, being out there for seven 12+ hour days was pretty tiring, but glad i did it and will probably do it again next year. somehow i hit less than a third (if not a quarter) of what i normally hit at skeet/trap, guess a different gun and chokes than i normally use.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    yeah was a pretty fun match. but as an CRO, being out there for seven 12+ hour days was pretty tiring, but glad i did it and will probably do it again next year. somehow i hit less than a third (if not a quarter) of what i normally hit at skeet/trap, guess a different gun and chokes than i normally use.

Those shotguns were tough to use. I struggled there too. I actually took one off the prize table to practice with. Apparently my citori wasn’t any help :-(. That was a super fun match.
    Which stage was yours? I was in Howard Thompson’s squad.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i ran the uspsa stage. last year it was pretty lame with just a big box, this year's was WAY better with tons of shooting options.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD

Same for being an RO. I found many of the stages taking longer than anticipated. The long days took a toll on me. I still hope to go back next year if asked.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    Same for being an RO. I found many of the stages taking longer than anticipated. The long days took a toll on me. I still hope to go back next year if asked.
    Thanks for working both of you guys. I had a blast. Working several 3 gun majors and having Becky Yackley problems cured me of working major matches..... :-( I used to enjoy it.....
    On a brighter note....... I almost made her cry :-)

Thwack22

Aug 8, 2012
    NoVa
    The RO's and volunteers not only made the match possible, they made it fun. It was much better managed than last year everyone did a great job with a complex series of events and personalities. I squadded with old friends and made some new ones. Definitely will squad with them next year.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    The RO's and volunteers not only made the match possible, they made it fun. It was much better managed than last year everyone did a great job with a complex series of events and personalities. I squadded with old friends and made some new ones. Definitely will squad with them next year.

I am looking forward to volunteering again next year. Hopefully the NRA will squad the same folks that I had the pleasure of shooting with this year (Squad 215).

As Davsco stated, a great bunch of volunteers, professional and amateur shooters! Nice to be able to chat with a mix of shooters while running a stage or side match.

Attachments

• nra_wsc_2018_squad215.jpg
      nra_wsc_2018_squad215.jpg
      57.2 KB · Views: 75

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads