• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've been looking for a Blackhawk in 45 Colt for a while. Specifically one with a 7.5" barrel. As luck would have it, a local guy had not only a Blackhawk in 45 Colt with a 7.5" barrel, but it's also a Bisley! He purchased it new a while back, put some rounds through her, then stuck her in the safe. So he decided to sell it. I had the cash and the search is over. We met up at Elite Shooting Center and did the deal. I ended up shooting about 50 rounds through her, all cowboy stuff. I left the +P stuff in the trunk. She shot fine, I could see the sights pretty well. The Bisley grip and the long barrel made it kind of tough to shoot offhand. Two handed was fine. I need to dry fire her a few times to get the trigger where I want it. Anyway, here she is. A little dirty, but still purty. No flutes on the cylinder, and there's some pictures wrapped around the cylinder. I can't wait to try some Buffalo Bore ammo through her.

Attachments

• bisleyblackhawk.jpg
      bisleyblackhawk.jpg
      60.4 KB · Views: 819

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    If you reload, there are some double butt. nasty loads for 45LC only for the Rugers SA's. I have a Bisley and love it.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The Bisley makes the hot loads a lot easier to manage. Its been years since I reloaded, but I would mark the bottom of the round with a red sharpie. Also marked the box with a warning. I wanted to make sure someone didn't put them in a firearm that won't handle them.
    Those loads are head turners at indoor ranges.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Congrats. My current wish list is so long that I haven't bothered buying any of them, lol

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Congradulations !

The Bisley is * interesting * . To Me ; the good news it is more comfortable for really vigorous loads . The mediocre news is the XR3 RED and XR3 balance and point extremely well , while the Bisley is kinda average in that department.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    The Bisley makes the hot loads a lot easier to manage. Its been years since I reloaded, but I would mark the bottom of the round with a red sharpie. Also marked the box with a warning. I wanted to make sure someone didn't put them in a firearm that won't handle them.
    Those loads are head turners at indoor ranges.

Very similar method here. I mark the primer with a red permanent marker on the primers and load label of top end loads.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Being a reloader, I have a specific load for the 255gr LFP bullets for my cowboy shooting, and another heavy load for my JHPs for hunting. That makes it easy on me, I know the lead bullets are for my Taurus Thunderbolt only. The JHPs now have a home again.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Beautiful!
    My wife bought me a used 7 1/2" 45 Blackhawk with a spare 45 acp cylinder. not a Bisley though, the first Christmas we were married. It's still one of my favorites!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom