• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    So, on my BCA 7.62x39 AR, I got a complete BCA .223W upper pretty cheap. However, it does not have a heavy barrel, so I have not been able to put it on the lower and shoot it. I am ordering a heavy barrel for it, it does not have the slots for the taper pins the old barrel has. I was told I need to get a clamp on gas block. I want to keep the BCA looking just like the Colt 6721, so I am lookingfor a clamp on A2 sight gas block but using Google I have been unsuccessful. 2 places list them, but are on backorder, and I am on the notification list. Anyone have any clues where to get a clamp on A2 sight gas block?

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    This is the barrel I want

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170603-151059.jpg
      Screenshot_20170603-151059.jpg
      72.5 KB · Views: 133

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Sad because this thing is like new.

Attachments

• 20170605_111116.jpg
      20170605_111116.jpg
      21.7 KB · Views: 125
    • 20170603_152548.jpg
      20170603_152548.jpg
      40 KB · Views: 129

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    You don't have to get a clamp on sight. Get a virgin A2 front sight, have someone who knows what he's doing drill out the hole for the new pins . Sell the original barrel with the A2 sight on it.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You don't have to get a clamp on sight. Get a virgin A2 front sight, have someone who knows what he's doing drill out the hole for the new pins . Sell the original barrel with the A2 sight on it.

This is the better way to go. A clamp on either with rail and picatinny flip sight or a triangular fixed sight worries me. Get a decent knock on the top of that and it WILL twist the gas block no matter how clamped it is. That is a lot of torque being applied.

Clamp on gas blocks either naked or better yet, under a handguard are much harder/impossible to dislodge.

Sirex