• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    I do as well, and they should it's a pistol that hold a good Amount of rounds it was designed for. Not some rifle trying to be a pistol.

What do you use a PCC for? Plinking? Not spending 7 hundred bucks on a plinker. My hi point will out shoot any AR9, or any other PCC anybody wants to put up against it at the end of the day. That's my logic. I save 3-4 hundred buck's for more ammo and can still perform just as good as the more expensive ones. :)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm going to pontificate for a second. IMHO, the only way to make a PCC worthwhile for serious usage is to make it at least 2 of the following 3 things:
    1. Light
    2. Short
    3. Quiet

Reliable 20-30rd mags are obviously a necessity for serious usage, too. Mounting a light is also pretty important.

Suffice it to say, all seven of my PCCs are SBRs that can be suppressed (well, OK, one's technically a SMG, whatevs). That may be the difference between how you and I are approaching this problem. From my perspective, that Hi Point doesn't really perform all that well in any useful role, hence why I'm unimpressed with your argument "no one needs anything better". If I want to plink, I'll use a 22 and save money, not shoot 45s for 25-30c a pop.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    I said don't need anything better. Not no one needs anything better. And I actually said I don't need anything more expensive because I don't buy that they are better.

I don't really put a whole lot of stock into PCC's. It's A longer heavier pistol with a 16 inch barrelI... nothing for me to get excited about. It's Cool to have but it's my least used weapon system.... unless it's something automatic with a 8 to 10 inch barrelI :) but I'll never own one of those.

People can buy what they want though.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    I've noticed that Colt type mags (in my gun) only hiccup when the mag is leaning against something(bench, rest, etc). Otherwise, I generally have no problems. Mine is also a dedicated lower which I have attributed to some of the problems(not sure if that is the case so draw your own conclusions).
    i've only had problems with Colt mags based on the manufacturer: some brands have never given me an issue, some have been ... trying.

but then i wanted my 9mm AR to take Colt mags to replicate the Colt SMG look, so...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    i've only had problems with Colt mags based on the manufacturer: some brands have never given me an issue, some have been ... trying.

but then i wanted my 9mm AR to take Colt mags to replicate the Colt SMG look, so...
    So far, all I have experience with are ASC mags(32 round) and Brownells' mags (32 round). I stopped at the range yesterday after work and dumped three mags, rapid fire, without a hangup. All three mags were ASCs.

Anybody have a line on bumpers for Colt style mags? Any homemade designs?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah, actually on my buy list for the Chantilly show tomorrow...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Don't forget to bring your rubbers. It's gonna be a wet day!

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Yeah if i wait until Sunday it will all be picked clean... Wife isnt going says her hair will frizz. Jesus H....

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah if i wait until Sunday it will all be picked clean... Wife isnt going says her hair will frizz. Jesus H....

Lol! Sounds just like mine.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    If i see them i can pick up several extra packs. I have 5 Colt mags and 2 Metalform 20rd mags targeted for these bump/grips.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If i see them i can pick up several extra packs. I have 5 Colt mags and 2 Metalform 20rd mags targeted for these bump/grips.

Sounds good to me. Let me know what you need. Thanks boss.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    glock 31 rounders plus the taylor freelance extensions get you (me) to 40/41 rounds!! we don't need no stinkin' reloads.

for those that really want to have fun with their PCC's, Peacemaker has monthly supersteel / falling steel matches where you can run around and hose down steel. next one is aug 26 and anyone new to competitive shooting (or experienced) is welcome to join me. you can also of course shoot handguns, and shottie's also. also, uspsa now has a PCC division so look for a uspsa match near you (uspsa website, or practiscore.com).

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    glock 31 rounders plus the taylor freelance extensions get you (me) to 40/41 rounds!! we don't need no stinkin' reloads.

for those that really want to have fun with their PCC's, Peacemaker has monthly supersteel / falling steel matches where you can run around and hose down steel. next one is aug 26 and anyone new to competitive shooting (or experienced) is welcome to join me. you can also of course shoot handguns, and shottie's also. also, uspsa now has a PCC division so look for a uspsa match near you (uspsa website, or practiscore.com).

Quantico Practical Shooters has a falling steel match first weekend of the month now.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I am very interested in the pistol caliber carbine matches, but they seem quite rare in Maryland. I'm on the move and can't look it up but where is Peacemaker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom