• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    What 5.56 HBAR upper are you looking at?

Not sure yet. Still looking. Have some 5.56 mags on the way to PA. Probably won't be able to buy a full upper until after Christmas.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Update

So, my buddy had a big weekend shoot up at his farm in PA. Had a great time. I ordered a set of Wolff higher power hammer springs for the AR, and some extended firing pins just in case, but didn't have the time to install them. I cleaned and lubed the AR before going. I took my 1 30rd ASC mag, pinned to 10rds, and picked up 4, 20rd ASC mags in PA. Also got some 5.56 Magpul mags for later use with a different upper.

Any way, I brought 200 rounds of Tulammo 7.62x39, and used my cheap eBay halographic sight. After my buddy got it zeroed in, it was pretty darn accurate. I really had more trouble missing the steel plate than hitting it, only missing if I moved or shifted. As long as the green dot was on target, it went gong. So, out of 200 rounds of steel case, cheap Tula, I had 4-5 fail to fire, light primer strikes. I had about 6 failure where the round failed to strip out of the mag. Otherwise the rifle ran fantastic. I am happy with it, and I am glad I finally got an AR. It was weird, compared to AK shooting, hearing the recoil buffer tube right next to my ear. But, I really liked it. I need to install a hammer spring, and will tweak the mags.

I also broke in the Viper G2, which after some Remington Magnum 3 inch shells, ran flawless, and performed excellent busting clays.

Attachments

• range1.jpg
      range1.jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 274
    • range2 guns.jpg
      range2 guns.jpg
      88.8 KB · Views: 277
    • range4 rifle.jpg
      range4 rifle.jpg
      83 KB · Views: 278
    • range5 shotgun.jpg
      range5 shotgun.jpg
      139 KB · Views: 273

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Some people will probably have a cow when I say this but,... you can eliminate that spoing noise in the buttstock of your AR by wiping a small amount of grease on the spring. It is not like we are in sub zero temperatures where a small amount of grease would cause problems.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Some people will probably have a cow when I say this but,... you can eliminate that spoing noise in the buttstock of your AR by wiping a small amount of grease on the spring. It is not like we are in sub zero temperatures where a small amount of grease would cause problems.

You are right. I say let them have cows.

Sirex