• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Seriously, does it? All the Russian commercial stuff seems to be bi-metal jacket, and even the Hornaday stuff is steel case.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    That's stupid, but I guess they want the brass to sell.

A quick Google search shows that there is no brass 5.45 unless you form your own from .222 Rem brass.

Their house, their rules. Doesn't bother me. I guess the SGL will stay an outdoor range only gun.

RareBird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 11, 2013
    That's stupid, but I guess they want the brass to sell.

A quick Google search shows that there is no brass 5.45 unless you form your own from .222 Rem brass.

I doubt they care what the case is made of. The steel projectiles tear up an indoor range's backstop.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I'm pretty sure all of the non-military 5.45 uses lead bullets (Wolf, Bear, Golden Tiger, Barnaul, etc). But all will still have steel cases. I've had mixed luck with indoor ranges and steel cases, most will not take a risk at all and if anything sticks for any reason... no go.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I'm pretty sure all of the non-military 5.45 uses lead bullets (Wolf, Bear, Golden Tiger, Barnaul, etc). But all will still have steel cases. I've had mixed luck with indoor ranges and steel cases, most will not take a risk at all and if anything sticks for any reason... no go.

Nope. They all have steel in the bullet core but not enough to classify them as AP hence why they are called bimetal since it is steel combined with other "less-mean sounding" metals :sarcasm:

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    I know the tula and wolf 7.62x39 my buddy had at MSAR they wouldn't let him shoot because they failed the magnet test. Told him if ANY part of the round sticks to the magnet it was a fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom