• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I ended up having Virginia Arms order it for me. Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp 10mm. Picked up Friday last week. I took it straight to Elite Shooting to try out. 50 rounds of Sig ammunition with no problems. I had ordered a 10 pack of clips from TK customs, which works great with the Sig ammunition. I put another 50 rounds through, a mix of my 10mm reloads and a few Winchester 40s. I don't recommend shooting 40s with the Ruger clips.

Attachments

• IMG_20180907_224838821.jpg
      IMG_20180907_224838821.jpg
      56.5 KB · Views: 427
    Last edited:

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    Very Nice & Congrats!!!
    Enjoy it, most likely you could put a 1000rounds through it and the only problems(if any), would be ammo related.
    A friend in NJ had one in .357, and he put 1000s rounds through it, I helped a bit never a problem!!!

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I ordered 10 more clips and the clip loader kit from TK Customs. I might, depending on the weather, shoot the Quantico Steel Challenge with this versus my PCC. I still have the Safariland holster from my last GP100, and it fits just right. If I can ever get into an IDPA match around here before it fills up, (looking at you, Fairfax). I'll try out this spiffy new gat I got. I may even shoot some USPSA, since there are a few easy to drive to matches for me. We'll see.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Nice revo. Are going to use downloaded 10mm rounds for comps, or just enjoy the fun of full power loads?

I'm going to use 40 S&W ammunition at first, since I still have a ton of it from when I shot Limited in USPSA. All of my current loaded 10mm rounds are full power, so if I get enough brass left over, I may download some, since it's all about multiple shots in the game.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    NICE! Last Spring I picked up my first double action Ruger, an Alaskan in .41 mag. It's a beast. Very well made and easier to shoot well than I expected. I seriously debated a 10mm instead so looking forward to a range report!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom