• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    I'm looking at Boyds stock for my Savage Mark2 FV-SR. Not sure if I should get the Pro Varmit or the Rimfire Varmit which has the thumbhole? Any advice? Not sure which one would be better?

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I'm looking at Boyds stock for my Savage Mark2 FV-SR. Not sure if I should get the Pro Varmit or the Rimfire Varmit which has the thumbhole? Any advice? Not sure which one would be better?

I actually just bought that stock for the same rifle. You have to buy the lower metal (trigger guard kit) too. DIP is where mine came from. The stock fits great.

Sadly i just cant get used to the short throw of the .22 bolt and mine is for sale with barely any ammo through it.

At the NRA GAOS in Harrisburg, they flat out told me Maryland was too small of a market to care about. This came from the marketing manager.
    They are the only company that makes an aftermarket stock for the TC Compass. I will stick to the factory plastic stock. They don't want my money, so I won't give it to them.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    At the NRA GAOS in Harrisburg, they flat out told me Maryland was too small of a market to care about. This came from the marketing manager.
    They are the only company that makes an aftermarket stock for the TC Compass. I will stick to the factory plastic stock. They don't want my money, so I won't give it to them.

This. They wouldn't sell me a thumbhole stock for my 10-22. I'll be happy to spend my $$ with others

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    They are going off old Maryland law where a thumbhole was a banned feature. I sent them a copy of the new law and asked them to get their lawyers to do a review. I doubt they did.

Thumbhole stocks were never a bannable feature here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom