Question for The Legal Minds, But Open To All.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar154u

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 23, 2015
    Here is a scenario. After reading the scenario there are two questions at the end. Please give me your best answers to these two questions.

Mark is a business owner and Maryland issued Mark a CCW. Tyrone is a criminal who robs people at gunpoint. Tyrone attempts to rob Mark by sticking his gun in Mark's face, but Mark draws his firearm. Tyrone runs away before Mark is able to shoot. Tyrone hops on a bus and gets off three miles away. I'm walking down the street with $20.00 in my pocket and no firearm. I turn the corner and Tyrone sticks his gun in my face and demands all of my money. I don't have a firearm and have no way to protect myself. Now the questions are am I in greater danger than Mark? Is Tyrone now more dangerous to me now that he has tried to rob Mark?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    You were always in more danger than Mark since you never had a way to defend yourself.
    Tyronne is just as dangerous as he always was, he's just showing it now. Nearly getting shot hasn't deterred him.
    Getting shot would have deterred him.

MRA

Dec 10, 2010
    Damascus
    You were always in more danger than Mark since you never had a way to defend yourself.
    Tyronne is just as dangerous as he always was, he's just showing it now. Nearly getting shot hasn't deterred him.
    Getting shot would have deterred him.

Suppose you did have a gun and were able to draw it. Even if you did not shoot, the message to Tyrone is that too many people are armed and eventually he will get shot.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Tell Tyrone you're a supportive member of BLM and then complain about college cafeteria food.

You'll be fine.

This is assuming Mark is a hot cocoa sipping and pajama wearing White guy and Tyrone is a Black college student who needs $20.00 to buy books.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Suppose you did have a gun and were able to draw it. Even if you did not shoot, the message to Tyrone is that too many people are armed and eventually he will get shot.

If CCW were appropriately legal, you wouldn't even necessarily need a gun as Tyrone and other criminals wouldn't know who was armed or not.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

That's the way the criminals learn. It's a very slow process. Sort of like evolution.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    :nono: why must the assailant be named "tyrone" 200_s.gif

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't understand the second question. If you knew the answer to #2, you could be working as god week nights.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Thanks for being the test case.
    I've had several occasions where I thought about posting that gif, then thought the better of it not wanting to earn a timeout. :D

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Yes, you are in more danger than Mark, as you do not have a firearm for self defense.

Yes, the assailant is probably more dangerous when he confronts you since his adrenaline will be pumping and he will be pissed that he got shut down by Mark.

You're in a Heap O' Shit.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I've seen and had it up here before. In this case it was both topical and appropriate as my buddy had just mentioned basketball.

Gotcha. I think the last straw for some now-banned member was a racially charged meme. So I try to be careful with that kind of stuff.

ar154u

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 23, 2015
    I don't understand the second question. If you knew the answer to #2, you could be working as god week nights.

The question goes towards apprehended danger in that one person would have to face a " greater " danger than the average citizen. I'm trying to find the answer to that that debunks the apprehended danger Maryland requires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom